Yamaha HS80M V. KRK's V. DSM's

Tomy

Just bought a pair of these over the weekend and i must say I’m very very impressed. They are for studio use only for me and they give a really nice truthful sound. I tested these up against the M-audio DSM's and KRK's

The KRK's are pretty much just a toy they're so hyped up through the mids, great to be creative on as they don't fatigue yours ears at all but when it comes to mixing forget it.

The DSM's (8") were really quite good which I was surprised at. The bass was maybe just a little bit fuller than the Yamaha’s but I could hardly tell the difference.

I ended up with the Yamaha's because of the truthful sound & they were on special for $800 :o and after finishing of a remix on these over the weekend I couldn't find a set of speakers the remix sounded bad on. My ears did get a bit fatigued by the 5th or so hour but it was also the first time using them so still getting used to them.

For me I think the DSM & Yamaha’s are quite good steer clear of the KRK’s if you’re looking for a truthful monitor. However I may be purchasing a set of KRK’s for the creative side of things then mixing on my Yamaha’s

Hope this is insightful for someone