Melbourne/vic record Store list

Luke

Because that'd be neat to have. I'll post my two favourites to get the ball rolling.

Wax Museum -

http://estore.waxmuseumrecords.com.au/index.php

Info here: (not sure if this is supposed to be used yet, I think it's still in devt)

http://estore.waxmuseumrecords.com.au/l ... d54e50e8ac

What's there:

Hip hop, Funk, Jazz mostly. Some of every other genre, and some great finds to be had. The staff are always pretty helpful and they have a good email newsletter.

White Rabbit Records

Wesbite: Seems to be screwing up. Avoid it

Where is it?

Bel Air St Kensington. Right across from the train station (Kensington).

It's one stop part Nth Melb on the Craigeburn Line, so hella easy to get to.

What's there:

Second hand mostly. Some new funk, breaks, house hip hop and the occasional white label or bootleg.

Also a bar which serves great cocktails, has a sweet beer garden and good light food. A wicked spot for pre-party drinks. There are regular DJ's too. Mostly laid back vibe.

I've only ever been past there (on my way to Greville St records). Do they have anything for a DJ who likes anything with a broken beat?

I hardly ever make it over that side of the city (one of the reasons white rabbit is my favourite is it's also my local pub.. just a small stagger from home), and I really should make more effort, because Obese, DMC, Greville St and the above are all in close vicinity...

not sure about the broken beats only cause i've never really looked.

they are more about jazzy, funky, soulful side of house. i used to shop at the store in the city many years back and become friendly with Greg the old owner. then he had to shut that store so i use to travel out there to get my records

not a huge fan of the new owner, bit to pushie for my likes but he knows his tracks ...

unfortunatly i've gone digital just over a month ago due to budget restrictions :( DAM uni and part time work.

but i still love vinyl and always will