radio

Skank

tehehe, I'm looking up my skype contacts to find who I can ask - trouble is they're all either colleages who know I should be working now, or friends who i know couldn't log in at their work.

will try agian later when I can get two laptops at home and can easily check it's working

tried again later last night, not optimal computer setup but worked ok. I was running traktor scratch pro with 4 decks, plus running the output from the mixer in via another sound card on the same computer. that soundcard was only plugged in via a hub on my external hard drive as I'd run out of on-board usb ports.

A friend in south africa could tune in ok., well enough to complain about my choice in music.

all up a pretty simple process though, will try again probably on monday for a lunchtime set and ask folks to log in and check the quality.

been stuck with work all day so will try this next day I'm working from home, probably thursday.

Next time someone asks me to take over go-live cover for their work, but they promise to be available for issues I will be saying no. they turned their phone off all weekend and again today.

well rhemyd had a look at that broadwave program

ADJF can always be the URL hub for streaming online. i can make the files and all u do is use a link.

but if there's a better way then we can work it in.

looking forward to seeing how ADJF grows this year!

just finished up about 90 minutes playing, had a friend listening in from his place, said quality was pretty good, and no dropouts.

might be worth a try - how about we setup an adjf account on stickam, and people can log in when no-ones playing and just start?

so long as you can run your mixers out into a soundcard, you can use this setup.

you can embed the stickam player on other pages, so you could go to adjf/radio for example and it'll stream there.

you just right click anywhere on the flash sections and select setup. on the micrphone tab, select the input device, whatever soundcard is plugged to your mixer), and set the input level.

you might also have to go to your volume control and setu the input device for recording.

should work fine after that.

can also set your webcam to inout video, pretty cool to be able to watch people mixing live. for some reason that's not working for me with the webcam plugged into the hub, which is strange cos the soundcard I'm recording on is on the same hub and that works ok

yep, 1 account many people with the password. just a little courtesy and respect to play when it's your turn.

generally they have a schedule though when someone cannot make their slot or it's dead air, anyone hops on if they want

not saying it's the only option, but a reasonably simple one and pretty much free too