Floorfillers for suburbs?

rc40

Hi there,

My apologies if this not the right place to ask this question - I'm just a guy trying to help his kids' (public) Primary School, and I haven't DJed for 20 years!  Crikey I feel old saying that.

Long story short: I've been asked to play songs at my kids' Primary School Fundraising Night, and I'd like to help them out (I'd be a pretty poor Dad if I didn't!).  The crowd will be suburban parents, teachers & their friends, aged late 20s to early 50s I guess.  Can anyone please give me the names some songs suitable for that sort of crowd from the last 10 years or so?

By way of example, I asked some other parents for suggestions, and apart from the usual suspects (Katy Perry, Pink, Beyonce), someone suggested 'Cake by the Ocean' by DNCE, which sounds brilliant (I think).

Thanks in advance for your help.

rc40

Following for the cheese ideas. If you come across remixes that are actually cool post em here peeps!

These types of lists are usually a #1 start for me, it's clearly what's popular so you're guarantee'd to have that collective vibe happening straight away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/TYv9MtpnqFRMPKP7QFcYfW/the-official-uk-top-40-singles-chart

So on topic of playlists for kids - in my past experiences I use to find that just about anything on the radio works as well as the fun 90's and 00's party tunes. If you get your hands on the old So Fresh compilations you can pretty much play anything from those and they'll be fine. I found that the kids are easily amused when it comes to music so as long as it's fun and catchy you'll be fine