Keeping on top of your tracks?

BeatLeSS

Okay, so the management part is okay, i've figured out a small system going by site i download from per month (RekordBox keeps genre info so theres no need for me to split into genres - and i can use Colour coding for their 'feel')

My next question is this;

Keeping up with the charts/top songs - How do you do it?

It just seems i may be doing it the wrong way, but how are you keeping on top of the popular music i.e aria charts etc - Do you keep a list of everything you've got and reference with aria charts? How often do you do this?

It seems as though if i'm gonna get anywhere here in this town i need to start learning what's in and whats not, so i've dedicated myself to following these charts for a bit to get a bit of insight into the masses, but there has to be an easier way to keep up-to-date and ontop of tunes.

Another thing, do you guys grab all the diff remixes of a particular track?

for charts, i just tend to have MTV or channel V on while im on my laptop, that or check this : http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100#/charts/hot-100

it may not be aria charts but get ahead of it, if its in the top 10 in america it will be in a week or 2 in AUS generally

and failing all of that, keep up with ministry as alot of there songs get into the charts and get pretty popular

and failing all that, i just listen for something new at the club

thats all i do anyway :)