Speaker packages?

dezza1994

hopefully i can rescue to the extent desired!

Firstly, one of our members has had multiple bad experiences with dj city amps so perhaps be wary of those.

If you want longeivity and any bass, stay away from 8 inch speakers 'cause they won't pack any punch.

For me, it would be the 12s or nothing. you won't find anything anywhere near that cheap in the pro gear shops, however, keep that in mind with the purchase - my first set of speakers was around that price and did me fine for early gigs, like school discos and house parties, but simply wouldn't cut it for larger crowds or weddings.

Also, if you decide to put them on stands, you'll find that you lose all of the bass.

I suppose in summary just be wary that even though it's a good price, it probably won't last that long. If you're wanting to go in to full on mobile djing then these might be a good first step if you don't have a couple of grand to spend on your first set of speakers, but you'll find that down the line you'll need to spend a bit more money if you want to do more professional gigs.

They'd be fine for bedroom or house mixing, though.

Sorry for rambling! hope that was useful.