train wrecked

Genetic

hi guys i went to a mates to record a mix tonight and well it didn't go so well... i've mixed live heaps of times and haven't had any problems... long story short it took me an hour to start getting it right again... halfway through the second set i started to get into sync but i feel as though i let myself down...

has this happened to anyone else before? is it just nervousness?

i'm gonna take my mixer down with me today and see if i feel it more; he's got a really old scratch one with from the 90's, plus he hates having to go over his tracks and put in effects afterwards...

i'm just really taken back a step by it probably a number of things just coming together at that time and place.

i must've been getting too cocky or an ego about me

had a shocker last night. traktor decided to change a setting by itself that i couldn't figure out, so I spent the whole time battling the software. Once you start doing that you don't think about track selection very well, and mixing was a fight the whole way, pretty much as crap as it can get, really wasn't enjoying myself.

next free hour or so I get, back to the records, much more relaxing.

features - for sure. reliability - it sucks

4 decks, effects, hot cues, loops, it's great fun.

but every time there's something different that goes wrong, it randomly loses settings, a deck won't play in absolute mode. most of the time it's nothing you can't work around, but I still would not ever start a traktor set without a cdj wallet nearby. maybe next release will be stable. but I've said that for the last 4 point releases

before this I was using djdecks as a DVS, and if it was just DVS I was using, that would sitll be the pick of the lot, I found it better than serato, just as stable, and you can talk directly to the guy who writes the code, support is by far the best of all packages, even though it's one person doing it all

• 3 weeks later...