iMAC

krsjuan

Lifelong PC user and I'm thinking about making the switch to mac...

I've always advised others against it. i subscribed to the idea that PCs can do pretty much everything you need so why change. But ive come to the conclusion that i need something that is alot simpler in form and function.

pretty much just sick of all the antivirus/malware/trialversion/muddafukking crap that i always end up accumulating on my computer.

i have my mind pretty set on a imac 27" i3. dse have a 10% off sale atm and i get an extra 5% off that.

sooooooooo has anyone else made the switch and can share their opinions/hints/suggestions

very thankyou

got for it man. depending on what u want it for tho i guess.

Im building a mac next yr and running windows on a virtual pc.

PCs are fucked, they say u have to go thru ur processes and close down all uneccesary programs when producing and performing. fuck that. and have u seen the random shit that finds its way onto ur pc?

got for it man. depending on what u want it for tho i guess.

Im building a mac next yr and running windows on a virtual pc.

PCs are fucked, they say u have to go thru ur processes and close down all uneccesary programs when producing and performing. fuck that. and have u seen the random shit that finds its way onto ur pc?

yeh not matter how hard you try. you always end up with random junk. i have never even considered a mac then just realised i hate clutter in ever other facet of my life, why da fark am i sticking with a pc.

my main concern was pretty much just basic usage. i feel like ive learnt a shitload of stuff about PCs over the last 15years or so and was worried i would never get this level of competency on a mac. but from what ive read and from my basic understanding of what a mac represents, the OS should be easier to use and master

i am thinking of copping the iWork software with it aswell, because i need to be able to create docs which i can hand into lecturers etc.

i just bought my first piece of property. and im at uni. and i only work part time. hmmmmmm i still think its a goer

i was in your shoes about 4 months ago. Honestly man as long as your not into using it for hardcore gaming (although it seems to be trending that a lot of other companies apart from blizzard are making for both PC and Mac these days) then you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

its just so much easier and no fuss or clutter. id never though id repeat this being a pc user before, but Macs just work, and they work well.

not to mention how much more efficient OSX is...

my imac with only 1gb ram runs perfectly.... boot into windows 7 with the same imac and it runs pretty shit.

my only advice is to check that any software that you want to use is available for mac.... ie FL studio is only available for windows.

Most decent software vendors make their products for mac these days too.

I believe you'll be very happy with a mac

those headphones any good?

yeah i got 2 pairs. good sound, not too bassy like most of the shit coming out atm. they look fucking saweeet. not too tight against the ears.

detachable cord means i pretty much rock them around my neck all the time and peeps know i mean biz

yeah. theyre a great blend of functionality and sleek aesthetics. i constantly get complements on them

i got a question for any of the tech-heads. i am definitely going with the 27" i3 but i am wondering if i should go with the 3.06ghz or pay the extra for the 3.2ghz. I plan on using the computer for very basic functions..... suggestions?

just thought id back up my statements, 5 yrs in desktop support, active directory, corporate antivirus solutions, ms exchange and corporate backup solutions, diploma in information technology and about to do windows 7 microsoft certification at the end of the month (thanks work!)

not trying to toot my own horn but just sayin that im not just sayin that if you kno what im sayin :s

also check this, this will help you decide when to buy apple products

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

cant comment on the apple care/ mac office vs iwork question as i have no experience with them

just thought id back up my statements, 5 yrs in desktop support, active directory, corporate antivirus solutions, ms exchange and corporate backup solutions, diploma in information technology and about to do windows 7 microsoft certification at the end of the month (thanks work!)

not trying to toot my own horn but just sayin that im not just sayin that if you kno what im sayin :s

cant comment on the apple care/ mac office vs iwork question as i have no experience with them

i know you know i know what you sayin bro.

that rumour site looks pretty ill. DSE have 10% off atm till the 14th and i have a woolies discount card, I havent been able to find any other retailers that could beat that price.

although i have seen the applecare and iwork software alot cheaper online than from dse..... would you suggest just buying it all from dse or shop around for the software?

that rumour site looks pretty ill. DSE have 10% off atm till the 14th and i have a woolies discount card, I havent been able to find any other retailers that could beat that price.

although i have seen the applecare and iwork software alot cheaper online than from dse..... would you suggest just buying it all from dse or shop around for the software?

you could get it all from one store and then say "well im getting all of this with you, its actually cheaper from store x, either match it or im going there" and 99/100 they will price match it. All from one place makes it easier warranty wise as well i guess. Just whatever you do, keep all receipts, fill out all warranty forms and check that warranty covers both "parts and labour" and not just parts, otherwise you will be paying some windowlicking dropout 80 bucks an hour for labour

you could get it all from one store and then say "well im getting all of this with you, its actually cheaper from store x, either match it or im going there" and 99/100 they will price match it. All from one place makes it easier warranty wise as well i guess. Just whatever you do, keep all receipts, fill out all warranty forms and check that warranty covers both "parts and labour" and not just parts, otherwise you will be paying some windowlicking dropout 80 bucks an hour for labour

well it is an online only offer so i think the prices are firm.

i havent done enough research into the software and warranty so im not really sure how much prices vary.... if its a small margin i will probably just buy it all from dse