M-Audio usb midi interface

mikew598

Right so i got my speakers and my keybaord i thought i should finally get a usb audio interface..... after posting a thread on which interface i should get i eventually decided to buy the audiophile usb by M- Audio and it doesnt work!!!

i need help.

I put the Cd in followed by installing and restarting as the manual says then go to my system preferences because im on a mac book pro i7 then i click on sound and the last objective is it select the m audio as the sound output.... when selecting the m audio for the sound output its not there ???? then i go back into system preferences and the m audio is down the bottom in OTHER i click on it and this message appears

You can’t open M-Audio Audiophile USB preferences because it doesn’t work on an Intel-based Mac.

WTF! PLEASE HELP

finally found the new software for on the net so downloaded that all good accept i have my rokit gen 5 speakers plugged into and the m audio set up with my laptop (mac) and set my audio output as the m audio but when i do this it says THIS DEVICE HAS NO OUTPUT CONTROLS so i get no sound ?