Isolation Pads

Jaz

Speaking to the producers now, whats your opinion on them? necessary? or should i just go without and have the monitors flat on the desk

Mine just arrived today....disappointed i think...feel like my monitors sounded better flat on the desk, there was more bass because you could feel it more threw the desk n floor, but the pads half that (what they are meant to do) and now the tweeters are around forehead level and the highs seem less 2 be less noticable sitting in my chair, i kinda have to raise up a bit n everything sounds more crisp....

not to mention 1 of the pads has a buble the size of your fist where the glue hasnt stuck the foam to the metal plate, and the other pad the foam is glued on a weird angle...

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/CAR-MOFO78

paid just under $100...might return them, will give them a day or 2, may just be being a weird WHALE

Your speakers sounding different should be expected, I'd be surprised if they didn't. Those pads are designed to let the speaker give the most accurate frequency response (for the way they are built). What monitors are they by the way?

Also try and get your tweeter at ear level, and dont forget the triangle ;)

Behringer 2031A's, got them for a steal, $202, pretty much mint condish

It may also be because i keep thinking of them as normal speakers where i want more bass and shit and i keep forgetting they are meant to be accurate....will take pics from head level and embed them here

If theres some shitty craftsmanship I'd try and get them replaced though, just for the hell of it :lol:

yeh seem pretty shitty build quility for some reason...

probably the space under your desk is acting like a sound chamber, hence more bass but will be less accurate. add a sub perhaps?

nah a sub would be to much more money + trouble, and trust me, these have plenty of bass when they need it

might just trade them for something like this

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/AUR-MOPADS