eggs

Gandy

diff thread so not to derail your other one

your prooly gonna grill me for this but i like eminems older stuff, slim shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP, that darker side of life/music. This was my bread and butter i would listen to this everyday (especially marshal mathers LP) and could rap line for line on every track, really got me through my shitty childhood and the emotion it invoked was unexplainable

for the mix i like this section

i like from 6:00 - 9:30

so would love you to point me in the right direction given that little bit of info

hey man. i dont actually have a copy of the mix on my phone, and the soundcloud app sucks balls totally useless. that or iphone or vodafail is shyte, either way cant use it. ill digg the tracklist and see what else sounds like.

in regards to em. no hate at all, i have all his albums except the latest one. while im not a bigg fan of his solo monotone songs (like the lose yourself one, which i know everyone loves). i do love his posse tracks (especially since d12 has proof one of my fave lyricists of all time), and he does have a lot of great tracks. like i said about commercially successful artists, their best are usually hidden and wont see the light of day on mtv or 2day fm.

and another thang i found funny was a lot of the haters against his recovery album dont realise is this was the most like the slim shady lp. i.e. he went back to being totally stupid and demented and was in the character of slim shady. not the deep and meaningful introspective stuff of later em. i mean just think of his breakthru track "i wanto to stick nine inch nails thru my eyelids". so all the people who said oh i like the older em instead of this crazy stuff didnt realise this is the older em, i.e. dre produced tracks with em rhyming as slim pissing on everybody

Aiight gandy I aint forgotten. The two tracks you mentioned are

So Shifty ft Ward 21/ Natalie Storm/ Timberlee – Touch;

and Sporty-O – Ill off 808 (WoNK gets ill remix).

Okay below are some sounds like which you can use as a launching board. Now most of them stretch the rap and rnb theme that began all this (some straight out are neither), but I would still say some of them def sound like 80’s funk (I think it was called hi-funk) which paved the way for new jack and what is now considered rnb; and the others are still essentially an MC on a sampled or synthesised beat albeit not necessarily a breakbeat (but due to the court cases against slick rick and de la hip hop moved to 808s a long time ago).

Anyways, not sure what about the So Shifty track you liked the female vocal or the ragga lyrics so here are some sounds like:

So Shifty ft Ward 21/ Natalie Storm/ Timberlee – Clap… in the same vein as the Touch track

DJ Zinc ft Ms Dynamite – Wile Out…im sure Ms Dynamite was from the UK So Solid crew. Anywho has the female vocal and deep bassy melodys

Telephoned – Dancin On Me… Telephoned are from the fools gold camp made of producer/dj sammy bananas and vocalist Maggie Horns. Female vocal track, ragga vocalists, upbeat music

Telephoned ft Teli of Ninjasonik – Turn My Swag On…a more slower RnBy track. Beautiful vocals with bassy drops.

Kingdom ft Shyvonne – Mindreader.. bassy elctro tunes with nice old school soulful female vocals

Tim Turbo ft Spoek Mathambo – Hush (iggy, iggy)… in fact just check all Spoek Mathambo. Carribean sound

Wiley – Electric Bogaloo… UK grime artist on an electroy beat with an old school female hook

In terms of the Sporty-O sound, im sure you were the one who commented on the track he did with felguk. But yeah check all his tracks. He raps on anything with anyone. Im sure therell be a few more you’ll like.

That particular track was from the breaks/ electro label (?) i11even. Check their catalog. I gots lot from there. One that comes to mind is Stonewash – Aint Nothing Like. For all the ol timers this track gets all its lyrics from older hip hop tracks (rapped by stonewash crew), so its fun to pick them all out. But yeah party track.

Also check the artist whiskey pete. Another journeyman who raps on anything and anywere. Just one off the top of my head Keith Mackenzie ft Whiskey Pete – That’s how we roll.

Oh and check Defunct! Their full release cassette noise was one of my fave albums for all of last year. I think tomy did a mix for them (or they did a mix for slop rock or maybe both). These guys are freaking awesome.

Some others

Kelevera – Aint No Disco

Rowan P & Nino Live – Our Real (Slop Rock remix)

Aiight gandy I aint forgotten. The two tracks you mentioned are

So Shifty ft Ward 21/ Natalie Storm/ Timberlee – Touch;

and Sporty-O – Ill off 808 (WoNK gets ill remix).

Okay below are some sounds like which you can use as a launching board. Now most of them stretch the rap and rnb theme that began all this (some straight out are neither), but I would still say some of them def sound like 80’s funk (I think it was called hi-funk) which paved the way for new jack and what is now considered rnb; and the others are still essentially an MC on a sampled or synthesised beat albeit not necessarily a breakbeat (but due to the court cases against slick rick and de la hip hop moved to 808s a long time ago).

Anyways, not sure what about the So Shifty track you liked the female vocal or the ragga lyrics so here are some sounds like:

So Shifty ft Ward 21/ Natalie Storm/ Timberlee – Clap… in the same vein as the Touch track

DJ Zinc ft Ms Dynamite – Wile Out…im sure Ms Dynamite was from the UK So Solid crew. Anywho has the female vocal and deep bassy melodys

Telephoned – Dancin On Me… Telephoned are from the fools gold camp made of producer/dj sammy bananas and vocalist Maggie Horns. Female vocal track, ragga vocalists, upbeat music

Telephoned ft Teli of Ninjasonik – Turn My Swag On…a more slower RnBy track. Beautiful vocals with bassy drops.

Kingdom ft Shyvonne – Mindreader.. bassy elctro tunes with nice old school soulful female vocals

Tim Turbo ft Spoek Mathambo – Hush (iggy, iggy)… in fact just check all Spoek Mathambo. Carribean sound

Wiley – Electric Bogaloo… UK grime artist on an electroy beat with an old school female hook

In terms of the Sporty-O sound, im sure you were the one who commented on the track he did with felguk. But yeah check all his tracks. He raps on anything with anyone. Im sure therell be a few more you’ll like.

That particular track was from the breaks/ electro label (?) i11even. Check their catalog. I gots lot from there. One that comes to mind is Stonewash – Aint Nothing Like. For all the ol timers this track gets all its lyrics from older hip hop tracks (rapped by stonewash crew), so its fun to pick them all out. But yeah party track.

Also check the artist whiskey pete. Another journeyman who raps on anything and anywere. Just one off the top of my head Keith Mackenzie ft Whiskey Pete – That’s how we roll.

Oh and check Defunct! Their full release cassette noise was one of my fave albums for all of last year. I think tomy did a mix for them (or they did a mix for slop rock or maybe both). These guys are freaking awesome.

Some others

Kelevera – Aint No Disco

Rowan P & Nino Live – Our Real (Slop Rock remix)

firstly, massive +rep thanks for taking the time to help me out

So Shifty track i loved the female vocals, im a total sucker for them they get me everytime

yes that was me who commented on the felguk track, impressive memory

will deffo check all these suggestions out on the weekend, again a bigups for all ya help