EFX1000 What would make you spend $1800 on this?

Andy_is

Have been interested in the EFX100, been looking a what it exactly does apart from obviously having effects.

Just wondering why you would go and spend $1800 on this piece of equipment instead of just using the effects on your mixer.?

what brand is it? if you are talking about a pioneer efx1000 it's a grteat piece of equipment for doing mad rythmic effects. the rrp price was around 900 then it went up to 1250 and then pioneer decided to put the price up again, also these units are primarily designed for use with the djm1000 which has no effects on the mixer but can be setup to have an effects unit for each channel

I used to have a Mini Kaoss pad and that was bit of fun but have been looking at other toys to use now and i was curious about the EFX1000 seen it used heaps but didnt see how it could be worth so much. Its more expencive than a DJM700 or even an 800.

not in adelaide, it's a pain i really want a decent dj store to open in adelaide derringers is shit they charge way too much, mtme doesn't sell that much in the way of club standard stuff and it's a pokey little store nothing against it though

I'd make sure you mess about with it before you fork out. I borrowed a friends efx500 and found I did not use it that much, on board efx were more than enough for me, even the kp2 I already had I do not use that much.

you could also look at a kp3, can get those new for $750, or even a used kp2, probably get one of them for not much over $200 if you are patient..

i'm serious at the moment jb hifi and derringers are cornering the market for dj equipment, alot of people here just go out and spend big money on a set of decks but really only ever play around with it. i'd work there if you did! i get heaps of people ask me to teach them all the time and i don't think i'm that good but even when i'm having a shit night and things are just a little or a lot off they still think it's good, so there is money to be made