free software to change bpm on mp3s

AndyTraxx

? do you mean change the bpm value in the ID tags or do you mean actually change the speed of the track?

im assuming you mean analyse yer tracks and then give you the BPM amount. i think it was mentioned in another thread. but some that come to mind mixedinkey; platinum notes; trainspotter

also you do realise that any digital BPM reading is just a best guess based on elements of the track. if you want real accurate (assuming you can count and hear beats properly) is to do it yerself. which i know sounds ludicrous, but say traktor for example, for 90% of the hip hop tracks i have put in there have been wrong. and not just slightly wrong but way off. a portion are roughly double, the others are roughly half, and the final bits are just what the! i think i had a track that had an exact 80BPM but it rated it at 105BPM.

yeah i mean the actual speed of the track. Sorry should of been more specific.

Im just finding the more i mash up and sample on the fly, having the tracks as close to lets say a 130 bpm count makes it sooooooooo much easier.

But i agree, by ear is far the best way to beat match. Just having that extra bit of closeness on the tempo would help heaps im thinking.

Haven't converted any of my tracks yet, but im hoping it will make life easier behind the decks.

otay do you mean for production or for mixing?

if mixing use yer pitch controls and if they are too far apart you prob dont want to be mixing them anyway or use a transition that doesnt require a blend.

if for production then i dont know. isnt ableton meant to be the easiest to use

production is fine because i can just do it in abelton.

Im talking about my music on my cd's that i mix. i like to do mashups so im thinking normalising most of my music to the same bpm tempo will give me that little bit extra so i dont have to worry about it too much.

I know heaps of other djs that do it, so i was thinking it could be a good plan lol

• 2 months later...
production is fine because i can just do it in abelton.

Im talking about my music on my cd's that i mix. i like to do mashups so im thinking normalising most of my music to the same bpm tempo will give me that little bit extra so i dont have to worry about it too much.

I know heaps of other djs that do it, so i was thinking it could be a good plan lol

sorry if i'm not understanding this properly, but can't ableton do what you need? open the song with ableton, warp accordingly and export/burn it to disk?

I get the feeling i'm not understanding you properly though, cause i'm sure you would have thought of that