Manual Beat matching in Traktor

Hobberz

This has probably been covered some where already, but just wondering if you use the same beat matching process when using timecode's and Traktor. So still adjust pitch and nudge jog wheel etc.

I have had a play around with it and cant seem to get it to work, could be just me being new(ish) to Traktor. Can beat match with cd's fine but seem to struggle a little in Traktor, and I want to persevere with it and steer clear of the "Sync" button on my X1.

So is it just the normal process?

Any setting changes I should be aware of?

Any tips?

This has probably been covered some where already, but just wondering if you use the same beat matching process when using timecode's and Traktor. So still adjust pitch and nudge jog wheel etc.

I have had a play around with it and cant seem to get it to work, could be just me being new(ish) to Traktor. Can beat match with cd's fine but seem to struggle a little in Traktor, and I want to persevere with it and steer clear of the "Sync" button on my X1.

So is it just the normal process?

Any setting changes I should be aware of?

Any tips?

i found it to be a little less responsive, but yeah generally the same.

are you saying that your decks don't do anything when you move the jogwheel or adjust the pitch?

ez hobberz,

i use cdjs to beatmatch traktor, never sunk in my life. It worked str8 out the box just like on cdjs for me so i guess there's something not quite spot on with yours, dont reckon its you tho.

first i would check If "master tempo" is off on the cdjs?

then check your lag/delay and sample rate in settings or options and do the same for your soundcard (via your ni8 control panel). They all want to be as low as possible without causing audio dropouts. (sorry cant rem exactly where to find these on traktor, i keep picturing the ableton options screen coz have been working on that loads)

Have all your tracks been analysed by traktor?

If thats all good then it's something deeper so maybe you could post a bit more detail? I've a few ideas but dont want to confuse you by mistaking ableton for traktro while i'm talking about it. I'll fire up mine and nose around a bit when i've got a bit more info:

eg:

Does the music play but just not the way you expect or are you getting cutouts/static/distortion of any kind?

Is the tempo wobbling like on most modified technics? You can tell very precisely by playing something you know is digitally quantised and just watching the bpm readout on the relevant deck view on traktor. It should stay on one exact number until you touch the platter or alter tempo on your cdj. After you've checked this check that the bpm readout on traktor does change as soon as you touch the platter or alter the pitch on your cdj. You shouldn't be able to see any delay between your touch and the readout response.

Is the timecode signal all nice and fluffy eliptical circles in your options menu? (The manual has a section on setting up timecode and shows piccies of how they should look.)

what soundcard are you using?

what is your cpu/ram/version of traktor?

what are your beatgrid settings? check options/settings and see if the little padlocks are locked or not in the deck details "beatgrid" section when a song is loaded.

or of course you could always ask the NI forum. those german boys are pretty efficient.

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum