how do you tell people enough is enough!

Genetic

any ideas on how to tell people that if they want your decks at a party they are going to have to pay for your services?

Because i've had enough of people not being respectful towards my equipment, a party that i did on the weekend for a friend cost me 50 for a coax cable that i didn't even need and can't return, plus my needles got broken so that's another 160 to replace them.

plus the whole night i had to keep telling people to stop putting their drinks on the table.

i'm just sick of the disrespect for my hard earned equipment and my pride and joy. and i don't know how to tell them without being a WHALE that someoneelse has to pay for the damages or i'm not bringing them out ever again.

yeah it's getting to the point now where i'm getting a sign made up saying,

dj rules

-no requests

-don't touch what you aren't going to replace

-no drinks

-and finally FUCK OFF I'M MIXING

it's normally setup a little better but because it was at a hired venue we didn't have much to work with.

almost thinking about investing in a portable stage

just be honest with them...

"The c***s destroyed my needles (costing me $160 to replace), made me pay for a cable I never use and people kept f***ing with my gear, want me to play for you it's gonna cost ya"

worst case scenario you don't play and have a good time at a party getting messed up!!

Main reason I rarely play house parties is due to worrying too much about the equipment I saved forever for.

yeah i guess i'm gonna have to bite the bullet and be direct and blunt. the main thing that pisses me off is that i only brought down my vinyl turntables for 1 specifically cos all he really has is vinyl i would've been happy to leave 2 turnbables and 2 bags of vinyl at home and just used cd's( although 4 ended up using vinyl)

yeah i think i'm going to have to, when i did an outdoor party for newyears there was about 50 people there, it was on uneven ground, the table was levelled using crushed cans(emergency measure at 2-3am to stop the vinyl skating), and there werent any problems, we had heaps of people coming up and storing things behind the decks and there werent any problems.

i think i'll invest in some form of bunting to try and get the message across

talk to the person before hand and tell them terms and conditiopns make them realise you are doing them a favour tell the person in charge to spread the word about staying away from the decks

this is very interesting cause i carnt even count on one hand the amount of partys ive played at and there is allways "the friend of an awsome dj" comes up to make sure you know how great there mate is its just a part of dj'n in public with no booth

or the i've bought decks you're really good at this can you play this track (hands you a cd) or we have to catch up and have a mix so you can teach me a few things (these people are ok, you can say to them to talk to you after a set)