traktor vs itch?

dim

anyone got their head round both traktor and itch?

i've been on itch forums and am getting an idea about it but wonder if any1 here has any knowledge... specifically any info on the differences between the two software systems eg:

-i've heard you cannot midi map in itch,

-that traktor will not respond to the new gen of high resolution controllers which are built for realistic scratching (numark ns6, ns7) even though it will respond to the s4 (which has jog wheels so small it must have been designed for children IMO)

-that the browser on itch is more "intuitive" ----- WTF?

so who knows both systems and what are the major differences in usability, accuracy, effects, browser etc.

It's all good, i'm up to speed on the controllers now, what i need to know is the differences in the software.

I use traktor, controlled by cdj1000s at the mo

does anyone use Itch who can tell me what it's like 1st hand?

or even better: does anyone use both and can tell me the differences between the two?

I'm bluefoot in this thread from itch forum if you want to see where i'm at so far.

http://serato.com/forum/discussion/434073

cheers.

• 1 month later...

I dont know very much about Itch, nor have i used it. but from that youtube clip, just the layout and general look of it reminds me of Traktors retarded ugly sister.

The one you get your mate to take on the date so you get the hot one...

I'v used ITCH on the vestax vci 300 ....I like it

looks & feels like serato scratch live

I would go the Numark V7 over the NS7

cheers man, good to have some reliable knowledge. i like scratch live.

I agree i should get the V7 but the whole point of this set up is to be lightweight and for the ease of set up so I am avoiding modular rigs.

I'll still have my cdj1000 and traktor scratch pro for big gigs, and i'll still have my 1210s for home. This NS6 rig is just for functions/mobile gigs and bar slots and I think the ns6 is the best all-round and all in one box controller for my style.