Pioneer Turntables Not The Standard?

ruggs

the pitch in technics is accurate and precise, but they lack torque; every time i've used a technics i've stopped it i know i'm heavy handed but i still can't compensate.

also technics have this we charge the most cos we are the best attitude kinda like pioneer, but at least pioneer do have some low end equipment

pioneer make technics i thought.

Starting torque: 1.5 kg·cm

also dont they run with magnets? therefore there is no actual touching movable parts, which means no matter how heavey handed you are the torque maybe a probelm but you wont burn out the motor or belt

guess they have they're advantages of getting different sounds if it takes less time to spin up (torque wise) you have a bit more lee-way to do scratch things with.

i've always looked at it like this if i stop something that is meant to be moving even if it has no direct contact movable parts i'm still doing damage

ill tell you why because its sad to say but turntables are a dying piece of hardware, and like any sensible business would do they invested all their worth into developing the cdj line which has become the standard sadly hasnt really been contested since

denon make some good cdj's and the technics one is good too but they have so many other on board features that i wouldn't really use. the one thing i like about denon is the bpm counter has a decimal for a little bit more accuracy (even though it's really just a useful shortcut)

ill tell you why because its sad to say but turntables are a dying piece of hardware, and like any sensible business would do they invested all their worth into developing the cdj line which has become the standard sadly hasnt really been contested since

you love stirring this up,

DVS is recapturing some of the market dude...TT's aren't going anywhere for a while.

yeah but you can dvs with cdj's too,

alot of turntableness as far as the crowd is concerned is that it makes it look like a dj is doing more work because things are moving and changing with a cdj most people think that anyone can dj with cd's and that there is no skill

alot of turntableness as far as the crowd is concerned is that it makes it look like a dj is doing more work because things are moving and changing with a cdj most people think that anyone can dj with cd's and that there is no skill

ha my point exactly. i have alot more respect for poeple that have/still/can play on vinyl.

there is more skill involved with beat matching on vinyl.

ha my point exactly. i have alot more respect for poeple that have/still/can play on vinyl.

there is more skill involved with beat matching on vinyl.

Definitely...

I don't care in the end, I love playing vinyl and that's all there is to it. I'll be buying a cdj soon but wont stop my vinyl purchases though.

Plenty of vinyl is still being released daily so it's all good.

the biggest problem i forsee is all the new touch screen pads to control software are going to take even more skill away from mixing, beatmatching gets taken away with the sync on software, and you no longer see anything being done with the turnpad(touch platter)

you love stirring this up,

DVS is recapturing some of the market dude...TT's aren't going anywhere for a while.

yeah i like to stir the pot every now and then, i do love vinyl but it cost too much