Mixvibes Cross

fackedd

So i picked up mixvibes a few weeks ago because I like to waste money and it was cheap compared to other DVS's.

Anyway I cant really compare because it's my first DVS, I was always against cdj laptop dj'ing (not vinyl) but decided to give it a crack and see what it's like. Mixvibes have apparently dubbed cross as being the ultimate timecode. Also when I picked this up from lightsounds they mentioned it was there best selling DVS at the moment.

So it was pretty easy to set up, got something like 1ms of lag so it feels like im using cd's. From what I have read though it's considered sort of a "bare-bones" dvs compared to traktor and serato, not really many bells and whistles.... think of it like a digital record box. which is why its cheaper im guessing. Although there's still a few effects on there, and you can do looping ect ect.

So has anyone else here used mixvibes? and are able to compare to the big guns traktor and/or serato.

Finally I'm having some issues with the cue'ing with my cdj's using the software, if anyway wants to give me a hand with it check out the whole story here:

http://forum.mixvibes.com/viewtopic.php?f=268&t=20309

man fuck it, the cue'ing on it is shit and is'nt working for me, and adjusting the pitch with the jog wheel is laggy too. everything else is good though.

Can anyone with traktor tell me if cueing on it with cdj's feels like a using a normal CD? also what about adjusting the pitch with the jog wheel?

If it's good ill pick one up second hand.

I'm In brisbane mate.

It just makes no sense. The guys on the forum reckon it could be my cdj's or my laptop. Dont see it could be though because everything else is perfect.

I need to work it out asap though because there's a cheap traktor scratch duo on ebay at the moment. So i want to pick that up if I cant get it to function properly.

Also on top of the cue'ing, the adjusting of the pitch with the jog wheel doesn't feel right either. Switching back and forth to cd's and using mixvibes. It just does'nt feel as tight.