Technics or Stanton ?

MisterMeaner

^hmmm, but they were only industry standard as there was no competition until the early 90's.

and then when there was competition for vinyl turntable there was also the introduction of CDJ technology so the whole issue became confused..

so not really a fair comparison to make I feel.

I've said before that I'd still stand up for the build quality of the techs and that personally I prefer them.

I used to sell them and we never got techs returned for repairs that weren't casued by the user... but we got lots of stantons returned for all kind of wear and tear issues.

I just wouldnt let imbalanced statistics sway your opinion on this question.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

- I bought 3x ST-150 for the cost of a single 1210M5G (the only other deck I would have considered).

- Really well isolated. I have my 8" studio monitors on the same desk barely an inch away from the decks, the cones firing straight into the tonearms. Not a skip or bump or bit of feedback to be recognised (though I've never done the same with Technics so couldn't offer a comparison).

- I was a little concerned with the wow & flutter numbers quoted, but so far I've done a couple of 3-minute long blends (pre-matched them; done for testing this specifically) and not a single beat has gone out.

- 25% has actually been quite handy trying to swap between genres.

- I had all mine in battle style to be able to fit them on my desk: no issues with accidently hitting all the extra controls. And love the detachable RCAs and right-angled cables supplied, which help to keep things neat.

- Being able to modify the brake has proved for some interesting braking effects, but never really adjusted the starting torque off MAX.

- After some six months now, I really can't fault them. I just wish I knew how to take the tops off with dismantle them: wanna get them powder-coated black to match my mixer.

They're good. Real good. I regularly use my mate's 1210MKIIs and they don't feel any better or worse, I'm sad to say.

My ability to mix is still shite regardless of the setup *chuckles*