Technics or Stanton ?

MisterMeaner

from what ive been told these days stanton make better TT's like the ST150's are aparently better then tech 1200's

im not vinyl junky though but if it were me id go stanton for the TT but Tech for the history and just so i can say ive got technics :P

hmmmm i think when people say stantons are better they mean better torque, greater pitch range and that redundant constant pitch thing.

but reality is none of those are needed for mixing.

also thats comparing against MK2's

getting stantons on a sale is about half the techys. but techs are unloaded.

techs are the industry standard and are meant to be tanks.

but if stantons can last you half the life of a tech. then its the same.

id go techs if i can afford it (and if its just mk2 wouldnt get older than 10 yrs unless it was owned by some audiophile who didnt dj). else the stantons are good enuff

the main argument the ppl i spoke to about techs v stanton s150s were that they seem to think stanton are the new industry standard that are currently in production, and if there were any issues with them you could always send them back/warranty/get repaired etc

that and the reasons you listed about having better torque plus cheaper

1200's bro, the way i see at it you cant call yaself a dj that rocks wax if your not using 1200's..theyre legit.

thats like saying you cant rock CD's if you dont use a cdj1000 as it was the 1st industry standard CD turntable lol

^ crunddy you're so hiphop its brilliant mate.

1200s or 1210s, MKIIs. Nothing else has the build quality.

gone out of production but built like tanks, buy a pair now, look after them, DO NOT MOD IN ANYWAY, they'll have iconic antique value in the future. Too many fools mod their dex and kill their value which is why good units will get rarer and rarer now that production has stopped.

Being out of production isnt a problem as any professional electrical engineer can repair them as there are no microchips or fancy bells or whistles to brake. not the best sound quality but the industry standard reliable torque and build quality. plus did anyone mention iconic value?

If you cant find new mkII or if the price is already going through the roof then stanton st 150 better than technics mkIII, mkV or 2nd hand mkII IMO.

1200's bro, the way i see at it you cant call yaself a dj that rocks wax if your not using 1200's..theyre legit.

thats like saying you cant rock CD's if you dont use a cdj1000 as it was the 1st industry standard CD turntable lol

no its not you gronkus..what i meant was..the way i see it if your gona spin vinyls might aswell use the OG shit

^ crunddy you're so hiphop its brilliant mate.

1200s or 1210s, MKIIs. Nothing else has the build quality.

gone out of production but built like tanks, buy a pair now, look after them, DO NOT MOD IN ANYWAY, they'll have iconic antique value in the future. Too many fools mod their dex and kill their value which is why good units will get rarer and rarer now that production has stopped.

Being out of production isnt a problem as any professional electrical engineer can repair them as there are no microchips or fancy bells or whistles to brake. not the best sound quality but the industry standard reliable torque and build quality. plus did anyone mention iconic value?

If you cant find new mkII or if the price is already going through the roof then stanton st 150 better than technics mkIII, mkV or 2nd hand mkII IMO.

yes im a big hiphop head,into graffiti was into breaking but got over it pretty quick...im all about keeping shit real with hiphop..

The whole self-improvement or stfu attitude is excellent.

I'm not that into the dissing though unless I'm sure it's in jks. I work as a teacher sometimes and it's all about supportive feedback.

i'm also mad for the "each to their own" thing obviously.

Ive been in the scene since the early eighties and tbh dont agree with the old school keeping it real bullshit.

Qbert dont rock techs you gonna tell me he aint leet.

Youve heard my rants about this whole hip hop is dead it aint like the old school bladdy blah blah.

There are so many new cats that havent released a full length yet and they could hold their own against the legends.

And a few of my all time fave hip hop albums of all time were in the last five years.

^ i'm with you on that eggs, I hate old heads who drag their heels whinging on about how great it all used to be... They're missing the whole point of the whole movement.

my comments on the techs are for build quality alone.

my comments on hip hop are for it's timeless philosophies, nothing to do with the music.

I'm one off those old fart's......yes hip hop was good back in me day ( the first hip hop L.P I got was the first hip hop L.P to go gold )..

but I'm all for the new shit ...Music & d.j technology

its funny that all the scratch kids think the 1200 are the best for scratching because someone said they are

my vestax pdx 2300 pro & pdx 3000 mk2 shit's all over the 1200 for scratching

^wazza that isnt what i mean. because you are into the current technology and still checking new sounds you are def not an old fart IMO.

Old farts are the ones too busy toe-ing the line to find anything new to get into. So they waste their breath reminiscing instead.

BTW: we've gone seriously off topic for this mister meaners original question lol.

I with both off you on this one....

being all most 40 & in the d.j game 20 yesrs ,I see the old toe-the-line fart d.j's all the time

the funny thing is ...all the old toe-the-line fart d.j expect me to be just like them....& all the new kid d.j's assume I'm like them too..

To me rap / hiphop music is just a way for someone to express them self creativity

^I'm 37. Glad to know there are other headz out there who are still headz after all these years.

Sometimes I cant help but think it's just the crew I know, and there aren't many of us!

lol at eggs' forum etiquette comment too.

I don't know if anyone has switched between the 2 but I play out on techs and after using the 150s the techs feel real sluggish. The motor on the stantons are close to double the power to a tech and you can feel it when you carry it and mixing. I reckon Stanton drew the short straw coz these should've been in clubs years ago!

ok guys i know im not experienced when it comes to TT's but i had a go on stantons with serato on the weekend and i found them to be pretty good, only used 1200's twice and i usally use cdj's but i rekon both are pretty solid units.

As for wear or durability i cant comment .