Denon Dns 3500

johnyboy

Got a problem with mine recently whenever i insert a disc it says DISK ERROR then i eject the disc and re enter it is usually fine but takes longer to read initially and sometimes the disc makes a rotating noise when inserted.I use tdk gold discs and until recently ive burn them using nero @ full writing speed only because i didnt know you could change the speed on nero..the players are 18 months old they havent been over used either ?

hmm sounds odd, the best thing to try would be to lower the burning speed, i burn mine on x4 which isnt fast but gives me piece of mind....

because if its only just started doing it since you've up the burning speed to max that would be my 1st guess that thats your problem...

hmm try giving it a bath....

haha nah but in all seriousness it might be due for a service then man, could be the laser reader or something not reading the discs properly...

is it just on the 1 deck not both? (im guessing you have a pair of the same decks?)

i was thinking it could be a drive roller problem ...cant be that hard to clean it..im running the 0099 firmware is this the latest version ?once the firmware has been installed does it ever need re installing ? i installed this over 6 months ago

Ive just used the decks and have had no problems at all every cd loaded ok but still had the occasional spinning noise thing going on.

fuck i swear pundaddy gives the best advice on this forum haha.

But yeah like the others said sounds like you need a service, I dont want to sound like a pio fanboy..... But thats what happens when you try and buy dj gear on a budget.

the 3500's are hardly dj gear on a budget, they're a pretty solid player. one of my cdj800's had to go in twice for major repairs under warranty, eject mechanism fails then the whole main board had to be replaced. Electronics have a failure rate, shit happens to even then best product

• 1 month later...