Just so I understand. (timecode)

SolDios

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the end of the day, it's your money

Lies its our tax paying money he is using! we should decide! lol seriously though sol, if you want info then ask, but don't say you will buy you will buy, because people get pissed when you say that and don't buy what they recommend lol

^ yes, and part of this survey im doing is to judge whether people will judge a dj on his gear or not.

generally I believe they do, and first impressions are important.

deadset who gives 2 squirts of piss what people think a dj is or not? aslong as someone can play some music and get the girls to shake their ass and get hit on by me thats alryte, i couldnt give a fuc what equipment theyre using bro.

for scratching you do not want a loose cross fader.

If you ask for that you'll prob get sold a broken unit...

The terms you are looking for are

"Cross fader with curve adjust and minimal lag"

But as with most stuff you gotta try them in the flesh to know what suits you mate.

cant wait to see what setup you will be asking about next, where no matter how many pages of advice we give you, you still dont listen then end up getting something completly random, i think the only thngs left are cdjs though, any takers?

nothing like being informed...

anyway, my honest opinion is that I think you should buy CDJ400's and a 2 chanel mixer (prob a djm400) and here is why:

1 -2nd hand, they should fit your budget

2- you can mix cd's and learn "the art" of beatmatching

3 - you can use them as controllers for traktor

4 - this setup is easily portable, and road cases are easily available

5 - you can integrate them with a DVS system down the track

6 - they have an inbuilt sound card so you can use one as a sound card for itunes when you're lazy or having a break.

7 - they are similar to cdj1000s etc and you will feel confident in a club, if you choose to get gigs when you're older

8 - they are still professional bits of equipment, and don't the same stigma as a controller

9 - If you get sick of them, and find they aren't for you then you won't lose much money (if any) if you sell them

10 - I can't think of a 10th reason

anyway, thats my opinion.... at the end of the day, it's your money

agree with lloydc 100%

just get some second hand cdj 400's/350's or 800's and a djm 400 or xone 22. Then you can use traktor with timecode if you want to use a laptop with it.

It's easy to transport in a roadcase and you can transition to clubs easy as lloydc mentioned.

No brainer really.

the best of both worlds being able to use them with Software and use them stand alone...
more effects, ability to use 4 decks, all in one. But the main thing is that all my music is one place, personally I find usb's a pain in the ass.

u can use them with software, and u 4 deck mix with them (how often will u do that?), and you will have much more as the cdj400 has 3 effects, a djm400 has a minimum of 8 effects, + traktors effects....

im not trying to flame u sol, just trying to help, but your creating advantages that arent there...i think your thinking about it the wrong way, here is how i see it

Its more expensive then The CDJ's and mixer its based on

Why would you buy something that only "based" on another product when your could buy that product for less

it will have more effects which you say you want

it can do everything the DDJ can with the software

Then it can do it all again without the software, the DDJ cant

You say you want to be in the club 1 day, CDJ's are the club standard

you say its all built into 1 so you obviously want portability...i just measured my CDJ400's and mixer in there roadcase (and thats with a DJM800 12" mixer, DJM400 is much smaller) and it was an extra 15cm wider then the DDJ, so a tiny bit bigger because of its protection

Thanks jas I really appreciate the time you go to, to explain these things to me.

but its a little bit of a money question mostly, pretty much its $1100 for the cdj's and then another 800 to 1000 for the mixer. So all up its alot of money, not to mention If I wanted to intergrate it with software, it will cost me again for the scratch live.

Another reason is the all in one (although it does have its flaws) the "Ease of set-up" factor is alot better.

Also there's the possibility that I can take this as carry on luggage if I do decide to re open that door I closed before

P.s. il be using the $1000 in awards I get + some of my own money to buy this all.

End of the day DDJ has sync, the CDJs dont.

Pointless thread is pointless.

So if you go a controller and step up to club gigs what will you do? The software you will already have wont work with cdjs because you wont have soundcard and timecode cds. I will bet my left nut you will crash and burn because you wont be very comfortable on cdjs.

/fred FFs