Cheap pair of Headphones

Mitch

Hey guys,

Looking for a cheap pair of headphones, say anywhere between 30 and 100 bucks i'd look at.

Before you rush off and say get xd 53's or hd25s, ive already got hd25's :D this is a pair to wear on the bus and at school so my hd25's don't get fucked with or stolen when i put them in my bag. And can use as a backup dj pair if something goes horrifically wrong.

I seen these on special:

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/SEN-HD201

not sure about how good they are though, what do you guys recommend for a budget headphone? O btw i'd prefer something that packs kinda flat so it fits in my laptop bag nicely.

Cheers guys

Don't get those, if your going to dj with them make sure they have swivel ear cup thing.

I went down to jb and had a listen to theirs, cant remember the name as their downstairs, but $25, great isolation, good bass, 2m cable that curls up.

I've been using them for about 6 months now, the cables become tangled mess but otherwise still working great.

Ah k cool, if you find em let me know what model they are :)

yer i most likely won't be DJing with them, but if im gonna buy a pair may as well be a back up pair for djing if the need arises..

so yer guys any suggestions for a pair of cans with swivel earcups and some sort of flat packing would be good

I have used the following: they aren't great, wont swivel but will sound ok on bus etc, pack flat and are cheap. Much better than the hd 201 if you had to use them as back up dj phones at a gig for not much more dolla.

Sennheiser HD202 Pro Headphones

The HD 202 closed, dynamic hi-fi stereo headphones are the ideal partner for DJs and... $35.00

-----------------------------------

these are much better, will def work as back up phones for gigs, sound much better on bus, pack flat and folded + swivel cups, but are just over you're budget?

AKG K81DJ Headphones

Semiprofessional DJs need dependable equipment. The K 81 DJ fit their bill perfectly. Their closed-back... $109.00

details pasted from your storedj website

Damn, left them at the dance studio, but i found them on a website.

They look plasticky but are solid and the isolation is awesome, which is especially important if you don't want to get stabbed by angry commuters.

Their fairly versatile too. Usually I have them:

- on my head, one ear in, one ear out.

- on my neck and rotate the non corded side to stand up to my ear.

- or 2 fingers in the circular part holding the cup.

TDK%20ST-PR400.jpg

http://www.kgelectronic.com.au/tdk-stpr ... p-223.html

They should be cheaper at jb.

If they don't sound any better, ill probably go with the AKG's, ten bucks more isn't going to be a ballbreaker.

I just put that price range on coz if you go too much over, i may as well get another pair of xd 53's or something which defeats the purpose of getting a cheap pair lol