Audioline 4ch mixer review

SolDios

So, yesterday I went into jbhifi and asked the man if I could hook these up to there monitor and have a play, he let me do it all myself and heres my review

audioline-4-1-channel-pro-mixer-sku-51742-large.gif

Specs:

4 DSP Effects

Random Pitch, Soft Scratch, Delay, Trans, Small/Large Hall, Samll/Medium/Large Room, Thin Plate, Spring Verb, Gate Reverb

Monitor Switch

First impression:

At first it blatantly looks like a knockoff of the djm700 without the manual flanger but it surprisingly feels like a solid unit, all the knobs, faders and buttons feel quite durable, which is impressive for a display unit that has probably been bashed by some small child.

Testing:

Once hooked up I plugged the cdj 900 next to it into channel 1 and my iphone into channel 2 via 3.5 line to rca cable and the results where quite good.

The faders are all very linear and work very well, all the eq's work well and the effects section is also quite decent. Although when the button is pressed down to enable the effect, it causes a crackle and minor drop out, also when held half way down, the music stops completely, but I suspect this to be a faulty unit.

The headphones and booth outputs also work well, and does everything it is expected to do.

Didn't have a chance to try but it has a usb output for recording.

Overall for $150 from jbhifi it doesn't seem to bad for something to throw around, and it comes with 1yr warranty too.

Ask any questions you may have!

At first it blatantly looks like a knockoff of the djm700

No it doesn't:

21ed9w1.jpg

it causes a crackle and minor drop out, also when held half way down, the music stops completely, but I suspect this to be a faulty unit....

Overall for $150 from jbhifi it doesn't seem to bad for something to throw around, and it comes with 1yr warranty too.

If it crackles and drops out, it's a piece of shit, regardless of the price tag.