realtek audio help

Skank

i got home today turned my pc on and the speaker output(6 colored jacks) on the back cannot be detected and say its discontented. Now its apart of the motherboard so the only thing i can think of is that it has short circuited and im need of a new mother board, the realtek HD output can be detected but that is only for optical out

does anyone know what i could do?

ive been trying for 2 hours including restoring my pc and reinstalling audio drivers

if you've tried re installing audio drivers and all the other usual things and its just not detecting it in the realtek program your in a bit of trouble, and your sure thats not its not software/driver related anymore, it is quite possibly a motherboard fault. How old is the PC?

Only other place i would look is the sounds and audio in control panel to make sure that is all set to your internal sound card. If you have any external sound cards, unplug them to make sure they aren't interfering with anything. This Probably won't fix it though.

If you aren't keen on replacing the motherboard (not sure what your level of comp knowledge is), you could pick up a cheap external soundcard that could get you by. Otherwise a motherboard replacement isn't too expensive if the computer that you have isn't too old, as you can just get a motherboard to math the CPU and RAM that you have currently.

If you want to get a new motherboard, send some specs of your comp and i can help recommend you what to buy