2011 House,Pop,Rnb,HipHop Megamix

djbagz

i cant scratch for shyt lmfao...well i have been practicing but ehhh lol..bro the v7s are dope they are real vinyl..youtube got a stash of turntablist using em....thanks for da feedback cuzz...still gotta have a jam session one day aye...i was down in the gong for fathers day sunday misuses and i had dinner at this mean tai restaurant (it not really in the gong but one of those small towns just before u get into the gong) churrr bro

TBH I already knew. The sound was too clinical for my old skool ears lol. I was just checking your POV on it... you're right it's a matter of individual taste whether you think it's cheating or not.

Personally it doesnt matter to me anymore than if someone drives a car with an automatic transmission... but I do find it less musically interesting due to the lack of variation over the course of a mix.

I also think it's worth pointing out for the sake of others though. Some guys put a heap of effort into learning their beat-matching and it can be misleading/downheartening watching a mix and comparing your own skills to a computer without realising it.

hence the trolling.

im old school as well... while i dont really use the sync button cos i mainly mix music that is unquantized... you got to embrace technology... having the sync button allows you to be creative in other areas that you could not have possibly thought about previously... because you would be hard concentrating on nudging or slowing down the beat to get the match....

TBH I already knew. The sound was too clinical for my old skool ears lol. I was just checking your POV on it... you're right it's a matter of individual taste whether you think it's cheating or not.

Personally it doesnt matter to me anymore than if someone drives a car with an automatic transmission... but I do find it less musically interesting due to the lack of variation over the course of a mix.

I also think it's worth pointing out for the sake of others though. Some guys put a heap of effort into learning their beat-matching and it can be misleading/downheartening watching a mix and comparing your own skills to a computer without realising it.

hence the trolling.

you were probably waiting for a reaction from me because i knew it was sync'd as well (could tell by the sync light on the controller being perma lit, plus those cuts were too robotic, as you said), just no point careing about it anymore everyone does it and everyone thinks its ok /shrug

yawn

come on foolish, you use a controller and many vinyl people could argue youve made things heaps easier by choosing that option. and the arguement of, yeah but i know how to do it i just to choose to make things easier, is hardly one.

all this purist bullshit. djing is not a religion people. yes it is an art form, but thats what makes art great, its personal on how you do it. art has never been about staying one way.

not saying your opinion doesnt count, but its in all the other threads already. and its a little rude as it adds nothing for dj bagz

people gonna hate or they aint gonna hate.

and for those that hate there is varying degrees

turntable peeps onto cdjers; cdjers onto controllerists; controllerists onto dj hero; dj hero people onto that fisher price thing on hobberz avatar; and the fisher price people on all the other poor kids in the day care whose parents cant afford good shit.

okay shake hands, kiss and lets get back to the good stuff.

untill i found out how premade/premixed/automated/computerized sets are done for performers at music festivals i use to be totally against it, then i started to get to know the people behind some big name performers and how much work they put into pro tools to make sure everything is totally perfect for the dj, then found out all radio sets are done exclusivley in pro tools/logic made me realise well, at least bagz is doing a live performance and its only using sync...

people are going to do what people are going to do regardless of what anyone says, for me now its a matter of whether i enjoyed the mix or not, and nto the technical aspects of it, once i found out that "live djs" at festivals basically do the equivilant of miming a song (including miming playing there instruments), i just gave up careing

on a personal level when i record a mix, i take great pride in the fact that i have the skillset to beatmatch and know my theory timing and phrase wise, i still get a buzz when i finish nailing a set and still get a natural high from doing it live, un-aided and i guess tahts the most important thing

untill i found out how premade/premixed/automated/computerized sets are done for performers at music festivals i use to be totally against it, then i started to get to know the people behind some big name performers and how much work they put into pro tools to make sure everything is totally perfect for the dj, then found out all radio sets are done exclusivley in pro tools/logic made me realise well, at least bagz is doing a live performance and its only using sync...

people are going to do what people are going to do regardless of what anyone says, for me now its a matter of whether i enjoyed the mix or not, and nto the technical aspects of it, once i found out that "live djs" at festivals basically do the equivilant of miming a song, i just gave up careing

hmmm im not sure what you are saying? i think you are mixing up EDM artists/ producers who perform versus djing.

if you create a song say in pro tools, and then during a dj set, you play that song you are not miming? you are playing a song (which is djing).

then there are those artists that perform live. i.e. they have samples, stems, and so on and then wil play their music live using the software and their controllers/ keyboards/ keytars/ pads and whatever other midi devices.

yes, a lot of dj's are now using these additional things to spice up their dj sets. but a dj set is still the act of playing pre-recorded music into a set. this could include live remixing, or live sampling, but in the end it is stringing together tracks. not performing a track live.

i think this goes back to my previous comments about producers and djs. people have to realise not all producers who get signed to a fest are performing live, they could be up there to do a dj set.

on the other hand if you are talking about those few people who have been busted with an entire set that was premade in a software and then they get up and press buttons which are not plugged in. then yes that could be called cheating.

people are going to do what people are going to do regardless of what anyone says, for me now its a matter of whether i enjoyed the mix or not, and nto the technical aspects of it, once i found out that "live djs" at festivals basically do the equivilant of miming a song, i just gave up careing

hmmm im not sure what you are saying? i think you are mixing up EDM artists/ producers who perform versus djing.

if you create a song say in pro tools, and then during a dj set, you play that song you are not miming? you are playing a song (which is djing).

then there are those artists that perform live. i.e. they have samples, stems, and so on and then wil play their music live using the software and their controllers/ keyboards/ keytars/ pads and whatever other midi devices.

yes, a lot of dj's are now using these additional things to spice up their dj sets. but a dj set is still the act of playing pre-recorded music into a set. this could include live remixing, or live sampling, but in the end it is stringing together tracks. not performing a track live.

i think this goes back to my previous comments about producers and djs. people have to realise not all producers who get signed to a fest are performing live, they could be up there to do a dj set.

on the other hand if you are talking about those few people who have been busted with an entire set that was premade in a software and then they get up and press buttons which are not plugged in. then yes that could be called cheating.

once again eggs you have completley mis-read my post, congrats, maybe english is not your first language or something? I know the difference between a producer and a dj thanks. For someone who continually has an opinion about venue djing but has no expereince you sure do like to argue just for the sake of argueing

what you dont seem to understand is, that a lot of djs sets are basically pre mixed but still cut up in track form, so all the dj has to worry about is hitting play at the right time and basic beat matching on the incoming track, and the rest is done for them by somone who has prepared their set in pro tools/logic

if you need me to break it down even further let me know

hmmm i wasnt arguing brother, as i said "im not sure what you were saying."

no engrish isnt my first language, its just my only language (well i did study japanese about seven yrs ago but totally failed at it).

and no im not a venue dj. but have been clubbing since 93 and have mingled with dj's for i dont know 23-25 years. but yeah not trying to get into a peacock dance with ya mayne. you are a DJ, im a dude with turntables. so no doubt you will win there.

i just misunderstood. me no speaka engrish ya know

oh and i wasnt being condescending. of course you know the freaking diff between a producer and dj.

read my last line, i catered for what you meant, i.e. the premade sets.

anyways sorry if i did sound like i was judging your knowledge mann.

peace.

now back to bagz mixxx (its all your fault foolish :) )

hahaha. i love you guys,,, yeah that troll was specific for gandy but glad to see only eggs can really wind it up now... thought you knew my POV on this from other threads anyway? It's all good.

anyway... here's my reply to thedjs who posted b4 you siblings got at each other :)

---------------------------------------------------

haha, so many ways I could answer that thedjs.

1) saying i have to embrace technology is like saying "hey we invented a nuclear bomb, lets try it"

2) DMC world championships get pretty creative without sync

3) if you wanted it to be easy you should have bought DJ hero on PS2.

but i'm not hating. Just pre-empting anyone else b4 they post the obvious diss :)

I firmly believe that everyone should be able to do things the way they want, I use sync on ableton to produce mash ups. But if i hear a DJ using sync their mix loses that individuality that comes from nudging. The minute changes and variations in every mix produced by nudging are what sets human DJs apart from digital playback... I know you can add more creativity if you dont have to beat-match, but i dont like the end result of that creativity as it sounds too clinical to me. Just personal taste ey?

It's a good point you make about playing non-quantised music though.. i do the same, and it's one of the main reasons I've never even tried sync. My feeling about mixing that is synced extends to DJs who only play music that has been made for them by artists who quantise everything digitally... it loses the human feel. Some quantisation is great: drum n bass and dubstep would not work without it. But even House can really benefit if there are elements in it that are totally organic, say un-quantised but well played vox, bongos or sax.... I like mashing original soul, funk, rock or anything live with quantised beats... i constantly have to nudge it and sometimes I trainwreck... but i dont care, it keeps me in touch with a dancefloor and creates a connection in the way live performance always has... i.e. the customer can hear that the artist is pushing themselves and making errors.. but the artist is talented enough to work those errors into the overall mix and come across as acceptable... The customer recognises that the effort was made for them and appreciates the overall all the more.

If you are old skool maybe you remember when hip hop acts used to get dissed for using dat tapes and scratching over the backing instead of using Two turntables and MPC. The DAT gave a more polished show but the turntable shows had more feel... different acts chose different paths and customers got more choice, i dont hate on either one, they are just different.

So just to reiterate: each to their own, I aint hating... the purpose of pointing out that bagz was syncing was simply so that any beginner recognised it.

If sync is being used I think it important to let beginners know so they don't think it is as easy as all that... otherwise they can get disheartened at their own abilities without even realising they were actually competing with a computer rather than another human.

To conclude: Syncing isnt cheating, it's just a different way of playing... but using it without telling anyone is like using a loaded dice.

-------------------------------------------------------------

so sorry for trolling, and causing yawns... i just couldnt resist this one.

/successful troll- wont do it again.

Anyone can learn how to beatmatch whithin a month if they practice every day.

Anyone can learn how to beatmatch within a day using the waveforms in Serato.

It doesn´t take talent to beatmatch just a little practice.auto sync gives more options to be more creative is how i look at it...

all these debates cdjs,real vinyl,software,sync rah rah rah

this sums it up....

Im off to work on my scratch skillz 217am..hahahahaha :teef::teef::teef::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

awww bagz, soz man, forgot about you and this is your thread, apologies mannn.

but.....

did you read anyone elses posts?

did you listen to the vid you posted?

no one is hating on sync.

the only person coming close is Blaze at 5.18 when he says how BPM counters may be cheating an he cant understand how a DJ cant feel the beat.. but then even he says thats cool if thats how you came up.