volume spiking randomly.... HELP!!

mattus123

hey guys

so ive noticed it a while ago but thought it was my fault cause i might have accidentally bumped the volume faders or cross fader, but this time i was just playing a song out while i was sitting at the computer, and the volume randomly dropped, then randomly jumped back up again.

has this ever happened to any of you, or do any of you know what could cause/ solve this

it really ruins the mix when everything is at one volume and then all of a sudden it spikes really high/ low

any help would be great. cheers guys

are you sure it's volume and not one whole speaker coming on or off? A dodgy cable to one of your speakers or from one of your channels can cause that issue. If you're speakers are close together you wont notice it's one of them it will just sound like a vol drop or boost.

If the vol change shows up on recordings you can rule out any cables after the record stage though.

what's your setup again mattus? Be V.specific for best help.

cheers for that foolish

it is possible that its the dodgey speaker connection. my set up is cdj1000 (pretty certain its not them). xone:22 and im using computer speakers as speakers.

the computer speakers are connected using a device like that

f814cbe09aSS160_.jpg-150x150.jpg

RCA to some 'RCA to computer speaker' adapter

ill record the next time i mix, see if i can rule out some issues

have to say that looks like the "who" in a "whodunnit" movie but you should still prob test things methodically.

maybe try hook that RCA into a hifi "aux in" if you can borrow one. that way you take the computer speakers and the adaptor out of the equation str8 away.

Intermittent faults like these can be a real pain to track down so good luck mate.

keep us in the loop.