Replacing Screens on HTC Desire HD

andyman

After 11 months of not dropping my phone, the inevitable has happened.. I dropped it.

Damage isn't too bad, but with 13 months left, I'd rather not have shards of glass stabbing me, etc.

Has anyone replaced their own screen before?

The process doesn't look TOO difficult - I just dont wanna fuck it up.

Am I better off doing this myself, or taking it to an Asian shop and making them do it?

tbh the guys at the asian shop will prob do the same thing you did, either youtube how to do it or read the manual or whatever. Its nice to think that when you get a shop to do repairs/etc they know what they are doing but most of the time they dont :(

you could always take it in and say it was stolen and was returned to you in that state

tbh the guys at the asian shop will prob do the same thing you did, either youtube how to do it or read the manual or whatever. Its nice to think that when you get a shop to do repairs/etc they know what they are doing but most of the time they dont :(

you could always take it in and say it was stolen and was returned to you in that state

Does that work?

Could be worth a look...