Unsynced audio ( between head phones and speakers)

dechnician

Im using my panasonic surround sound as speakers untill i get sum proper ones, but the audio thru my headphones is a little Bit quicker then

The audio of my surround sound.

I have dual rca goin out of master volume output of my mixer into the input of my surround sound amp. I understand about unmeasured sound and maybe that being the reason why, but ne1 kno how to fix it, ive tried every input there is and it stoll happens..

Cheers

Sean

This has happened to me before and you may not be able to correct it. I suspect surround sound receivers take a fraction of a second to process the signal causing a slight delay. So there is a very small difference between the time sound comes out of the speakers and your headphones. It can make beat matching really difficult. Read the manual and see if there is a way to bypass the processing stage.

where are your speakers located?

i am using a technics hi fi system for my speakers. whan i use to have the 2 main speakers on the ground underneath the table my beat matching was always slightly out or i had to really bend down to get it right.

then when i put the speakers on the table right in front of me, there was no issues at all (my beatmatching still sucks but thats human error :teef: )

so that may be something

i had the exact same issue as eggs when i first started, the time it takes from the ground to reach my ear made it slightly out, and was always confused as to why when i recorded, it sounded out, even though when i played at clubs and recording it was fine.

At the clubs they usuaally have a monitor in a very good spot, usually ear level, however at home i had to have the speakers at on the ground so i just did the mixing in my cans using the master and line volumes to differentiate the two tracks

this can be a huge issue in clubs - floor speakers are further away and not directed at the dj. hence they have monitors just for the dj.

probably worth learning to mix just in the headphones if you can't rely on speakers, most mixers now let you cue 2 channels or cue mix the master and a cued channel. It can make mixes tighter (easier to tell when things are out) but also harder to tell which channel is faster when they both come from the same source

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply, boys this was a massive help, I've actually already got some speakers (which blast).

But i set them up last night, their sitting on the floor either side of my decks, and i noticed difficulty beat matching still.

It makes sense to have them ear level, I'll prop em up!

Cheers boys!