output cables

xelastak

Quarter inch jack (or sometimes called TRS - Tip, Ring, Sleeve) to XLR cable. Jack into back of console and XLR into back of powered speaker. They are probably using jack outputs (and not XLR) as the real estate on the back of the console is limmited.

Both this cable and an XLR to XLR are balanced (ie less susceptable to noise)

If the speakers are monitors (say on your desk) then RCA will be fine.

If a pair of powered PA speakers, then definately jack to XLR cables.

I knew what i wanted to say, didn't know how to word it. So i found this on another site which states why xlr is better:

A balanced configuration has two signal wires plus a separate ground. Unbalanced (RCA) provides only one signal wire, and the ground doubles as the signal return. This makes a balanced configuration more resistant to noise and interference, especially with long cable runs. Also, the XLR connectors are more robust than RCA connectors. For these reasons, XLR is often used in professional applications where cable runs can be long and susceptible to interference.

Quarter inch jack (or sometimes called TRS - Tip, Ring, Sleeve) to XLR cable. Jack into back of console and XLR into back of powered speaker. They are probably using jack outputs (and not XLR) as the real estate on the back of the console is limmited.

Both this cable and an XLR to XLR are balanced (ie less susceptable to noise)

If the speakers are monitors (say on your desk) then RCA will be fine.

If a pair of powered PA speakers, then definately jack to XLR cables.

thanks for that, looks like ill have to get some jack to xlr as im using them with powered PA speakers.