Purchaced AKAI MPK Mini

yizzle

So i recently got my little AKAI MPK mini.

Thought i would write a small few things on my views on it.

Firstly the size is amazing. lovely little laptop keyboard size. The pad controls on the right have an awesome response.

They keyboard (which i was worried about the size) is great for me, but you would not want to have sausage fingers to play this bad boy and only having one octave range is fine for basic production but for that reason the 'octave up' and 'octave down' keys seem almost pointless other than using them as mapping tools.

The knobs a very close together and after just one day i am waiting for one of them to break off.

And to wrap it up the drum pads (which was a seller for me) were said in reviews to be strong and amazing quality.

That they are. So much that when your in a full on session with this MIDI they are not very responsive cause you have to really bang em down. Unlike other MIDI's in the past where you can change sensitivity on the pads, with this you can not (nor with the sensitivity of the keyboard).

I paid $100 for mine, worth it if you got a toy box of gear but i would not rely on this to use as a frisbee for my dog to catch at the beach with out breaking.

6/10

Hope this helps anyone looking into buying this product

MPK-MINI.jpg

• 1 month later...

It's not necessarily bad. But for $200 you can get better. If you can get one at $100 go for it, won't find much cheaper then that, but for $200 you can get something less.....plastic-y

I mean, I still use it & its good for what it does, I just wish I had a review to go off when getting it