ITCH BETA 2.1 online and available

imadje

thread about it: http://serato.com/forum/discussion/567989#new

straight to it: http://serato.com/forum/area/425/joinbeta

release notes:

What's new in ITCH 2.1

* Simple Sync mode added for two deck controllers.

* Smart Sync pitch behavior changes.

* SP-6 Hardware control.

General Bug Fixes

* Fix for crash on relocate lost files.

* Fix for hang when switching banks on the SP6.

* Fixed bug which could cause pitch to jump suddenly after loading a new track over a sync'd track and moving the pitch slider. Only occurs if there is only a single sync'd deck.

* Fixed SP6 pitch sliders not working correctly

* Fixed ctrl-click on the SP6 pitch slider jumping to the wrong value

* Fix for Reverse not working when in Relative Pitch after turning off Sync

* Hot Cueing while in armed sync now switches to Auto-Tempo so that the sync'd pitch is used

Allen & Heath Xone:DX Specific

* Removed Crossfader Options dropdown from the setup screen because this is set via the controller.

* On startup platters now always default to Pitch Bend while playing.

* Fixed Cue Mix resetting it's value after hotplugging.

* Deck layers 1 & 3 are now always active after hotplugging the controller.

Numark NS6 Specific

* Fix for playhead sometimes jumping when switching layers on the NS6 after using the platters.

* Fix for Grid Edit keyboard shortcut (alt+spacebar) not cycling through all four decks.

Pioneer DDJ-S1 Specific

* Fixed issue where talkover ducking would turn off when only 1 of the 2 mic inputs became quiet.

* Shift+Scroll Knob now jumps 10 lines at a time

Novation Twitch Specific

* Swipe Mode will always default to Nudge (lit solid) when entering Hot Cues Mode

Numark V7 Specific

* The History should now correctly use the A/B logic (the same as SSL) for marking tracks as played

Have not had a play around with the sp6 sampler in itch"...only been using itch 1.4.2 for ns7...I will up date to itch 2.1 soon....I'v only played around with the mapping midi for the sp6 in scratch live.....this is how I have map midi sp6 in scratch live with my set up.....I plug my Roland mv 8000 sampler or my mc 808 sampler into my edirol pcr 500 midi keyboard by the old 6 pin midi plug and from the keyboard to my laptop by USB ,I use the keyboard as a midi USB hub.....doing this let's me use the Roland samplers I have as REMIX sequencer/ sampler midi controller for the sp6 and give me more than enough pads, buttons , knobs and faders to map everything in Serato , not just the sp6 but the djfx

Cheers wazza,

I think serato allows midi mapping as standard tho?

The problem with Itch is that because it is so locked into the hardware you get with it they dont allow any midi mapping at all!

I did see a thread (poss on djtechtools) where someone was discussing mapping the laptop keyboard functions then mapping the keyboard keys to external midi hardware buttons and getting round it that way but it was a little beyond me.

I'm still testing beta 2.1 so can wait around but once you update please rem this thread if you discover anything mate.

Nice to hear from you again too, you get my emails?

I did get your e-mail.......did not e-mail back because my laptop fan shit it self and has been in the shop getting fixed for 3 weeks....I had to buy a I-pad just so me and my son could get on-line...... Had my new ns7 sitting here for a week saying play me, play me , play me with on fuck'n laptop....it's all good now, laptop all fixed , ns7 working good.....happy wazza......I will have a play around with itch 2.1 and the midi mapping sp6 on the week end ,I will see what I come up with and let you know how it go,s

hmmm.

looking a bit deeper into that nsp6 I noticed that it relies on this: http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/bomes1.php

and that if I can get my head round Bomes Midi Translator I can get any midi controller to do anything that normally only a laptop key would do...

Looks like a mindgame to me though.. I like ergonomic user friendly tech.

Anyone got any experience of this?

• 1 month later...

scratch that^ just noticed in their forum that the 2.1 release is exactly the same as the beta(40) minus the start-up warning screen.

so if you were up to date with the betas you already have 2.1.

saves me from watching a download progress bar, still propz to mitch.