hollow noise picked up by stylus

Cupe

I have 2 turntables (duh) but one of them, when you tap it just normally the stylus picks up this hollow noise

the other turntable is fine but one has this hollow noise.

it sux cause even if u bump the table it'll pick up noise

wtf is its problem?

it was all bought at the same time as a kit.

haven't tried swapping them nah, but i might.

not sure why else it would happen.

sometimes i have to jiggle the stylus or else the music only works on one side of the speakers and shit

well maybe also check the cables.

If you swap them and the problem occurs on the other turntable, then its obviously the stylus. But if it remains at the same turntable, then its probably the cable or (hopefully not) the wiring within the tonearm. Try also checking the the locknut.

If you do buy some new styli, grab some Ortofon OM Pro's (if you didnt allready know). Or whatever your preference is.

Remember cartridges need replacing approx every 12 months.

Beyond this I dunno man, my knowledge of turntables aren't great. Try asking that 'wezg' buy, he loves his phono.

Most larger mixing desks (for vocals etc) have something called a High Pass Filter adjustment. It allows you to remove unwanted low frequencies from your mix. A classic example is someone walking up to the microphone and the vibrations being transferred up the microphone stand to the mic (hence the name 'stage rumble').

Turntables also have the same problem especially if their placed near your speakers. To get rid of the noise you mayto buy a 'subsonic filter':

http://www.kabusa.com/rf1.htm

I think it probably best if do some experimenting first as suggested by CBG. You may even try swapping the physical location of the actual turntables as well. If your TT's have adjustable rubber feet, make sure their sitting level on your desk. let us know how you go!