Ableton Help

mattus123

Hey guys, im an absolute beginner with ableton, so please bare with me (the terminology will probably be all wrong). if my terminology is wrong, please correct me

basically, im just wondering if its possible to apply an effect to one segment of a track

basically i have an echo applied to all of the samples (i think thats the right word) but i wanna apply a second effect to the circled sample but not the rest of the samples on that horizontal line, i tihnk thats called the track?

jkyv78.png

cheers guys

I am slightly intoxicated, so excuse me if I have read your question poorly :lol:

But what you need to do is automate the on/off of the effect that you want only on that bit. You'll see a little a little circle in the top left of the effect plug which turns it on and off, just click on it once and it will bring up the automation bar, then just automate it like anything else, turn it on when clip plays and turn it off just before the next piece of audio. Eazy peas :)