Using an EFX and a controller?

sam55

Just wondering if its possible to use a Pioneer EFX 500 with my DDJ-S1?

Sorry if its a ridiculous question but I dont really understand how the EFX unit works in with a normal mixer/tables set up and I cant find any info on their compatibility with controllers.. although that may be a sign ?

Any info on if or how it could work would be greatly appreciated,

cheers!

Short answer is no.

Had a quick look at your controllers inputs/outputs on the back, and can't see any room for it.

The efx are designed to be hooked up to your standard mixers, where there is an effects send/return inputs on the back of the mixer.

controllers all softwsre based, therefore all of your effects are within serato itself, not handled externally.

The only way to make it work would be to buy a dj mixer with send/return effects inputs, then plug the efx and your ddj into the mixer. Not worth it really.

Tbh though man it isn't worth getting one, especially with a controller. I barely even use effects when I'm mixing, not necessary IMO

Hope this helps :)

I think you would have to run an RCA output from your controller, into the unit's input, and hook your speakers up to it's output.

Yes it works like this....I plug my numark ns7 which is a Serato itch controller to my korg Q kaoss pad EFX box ......it will only add EFX,s to the master out-put.....(post fader ) .....if I plug my korg kaoss pad to my Rane Serato mixer by EFX send-return ( pre post fader ) I can add EFX to each channel before the faders...

Thanks for the help guys. Will look into the finer details and adapter cables now.

Yes it works like this....I plug my numark ns7 which is a Serato itch controller to my korg Q kaoss pad EFX box ......it will only add EFX,s to the master out-put.....(post fader ) .....if I plug my korg kaoss pad to my Rane Serato mixer by EFX send-return ( pre post fader ) I can add EFX to each channel before the faders...

would you recommend using the serato controller and the EFX box, wazza, or do they not work well together?

EFX 500 work ok with serato itch controllers..the EFX,s have a nice sound & are fun to play with...there are two parts to the EFX 500 the left side are BPM sync EFX,s & the right side are set up and play EFX,s....With the bpm EFX,s the EFX 500 will listen to the in coming audio from your Serato itch controller ( the bpm ) and set the EFX,s to play in time with the music ....one cool thing about the EFX 500 is as it sets the bpm from the audio you feed it , it also sends the bpm to the midi output on the back off the EFX 500 (bpm midi clock ) so if you had a sampler or a drum machine or ableton software on another p.c you can also sync this hardware together so Thay run in time to...

I said it will only give you EFX,s over the master output volume not each deck in the Serato software