Photo editing software for record sleeves/centre labels

russell

the printer we got had software bundled with it that you can make labels and shit with

otherwise im p sure there's loads of free ones, just depends on what GUI you're happy with

Thats my point. I don't know what I'm happy with. Just looking for suggestions. For a Mac btw.

I think this is the software I have on my laptop to make cd labels and stuff:

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/disc-cov ... 2467?mt=12

not free though :(

a lite version came included with toast titanium, tried a few others and think i found this one to be the best.

not sure if it does record label sizes though, or only CDs. Might be worth checking their site.

Another option is just using photoshop/pixelmator/acorn/gimp or any other decent photo editor program, and set your image size to the correct cm and dpi and it will make a blank canvas that is the correct size for you to work on

I think this is the software I have on my laptop to make cd labels and stuff:

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/disc-cov ... 2467?mt=12

not free though :(

a lite version came included with toast titanium, tried a few others and think i found this one to be the best.

I'll look in to that.

not sure if it does record label sizes though, or only CDs. Might be worth checking their site.

Another option is just using photoshop/pixelmator/acorn/gimp or any other decent photo editor program, and set your image size to the correct cm and dpi and it will make a blank canvas that is the correct size for you to work on

I found a template file to use for sleeve and label sizes so that's covered. Looked in to that GIMP but the site wouldn't load when I tried last night. mentioned something about needing X11 to run properly. Not sure what that is.

Just scanned a few reviews from last month or so after they released an update for GIMP. none of them mention this x11 anymore.

Perhaps they've dealt with that. Will maybe try installing it and see how it goes as it does look pretty good.