Audioline Speaker Repair

gcdj

Im know next to nothing about speaker components and was wondering if someone could help me out. I have a pair of 15" and 12" audioline powered speakers. On my 15" pair the subs have stopped working on them so i only have sound coming out of the horns and on my 12"s i only have sound coming out of the subs does anyone know if there is an easy repair i could do myself or am i better of taking them to a professional. Warranty has ran out on both pairs so if anyone knows how much it would cost to get fixed would be really helpful

Regards, Matt

Double check your connections and leads coming from your mixer, it sounds odd that bass is gone from 1 set n the horns on the other...

If not, take the grill off your 15's and push On the sub, if they still compress the voice coils aren't fried solid and this might be fixable, if they are hard as fuck and won't compress your drivers are dead and you will need new 15" drivers... this is usually caused by too much wattage being passed through the driver and literally melting the coils together

I had two audioline 15's that this happened too, except one was the driver one was the horn.

Sent em away for warranty and they sent them back exactly the same. Audioline are shithouse man would never go back to them.

Mine blew after 5 parties they were the biggest waste of $800.

Has anyone sussed out the cost/availability of replacement drivers?

You could potentially get generic replacements for under 100 which it wouldnt surprise me if they were better than the audioline drivers.

If anyone in syd is interested ill sens thr details for speaker dudes

Got them for $500 bucks cause a friend was a mate of the owner is out of the question i rang audioline and they said they could fix em for $100 but the problem is i have to pay for shipping to melbourne and i live on the goldy. But they said an electrician could buy the parts off them so might see if i can get a mate to order them up here