Window's 7?

Buck_Choi

I've been using it since about june. Installed it on one of my 4 hard drives, xp resides on another. Since installing it i've used xp 3 times to get stuff out of my old email inbox but apart from that, 7 is great.

if you know anybody at uni/tafe you can get it for $50 - www.itsnotcheating.com.au (you need a tafe/uni email address to be eligible).

"Windows 7 - It's like all the good bits of vista with none of the gay"

haha pretty cool. ive always been an xp user. until everything becomes win 7 compatible and built for windows 7 OS instead of being backwards compatiable i'd stay with xp. stable enough nothing really diff.

wouldnt mind learning to use linux, i tried ubuntu for a bit but i just gave up after a while lol.

and i would like a mac :D i missed out by a year frmo getting a MAC from my school. currently in yr 11 i think they started giving them out 2 yrs ago for yr 9ers.. :( and i was in yr 10 i think i dono some one do the maths :)

I've been using it since about june. Installed it on one of my 4 hard drives, xp resides on another. Since installing it i've used xp 3 times to get stuff out of my old email inbox but apart from that, 7 is great.

if you know anybody at uni/tafe you can get it for $50 - www.itsnotcheating.com.au (you need a tafe/uni email address to be eligible).

"Windows 7 - It's like all the good bits of vista with none of the gay"

It's times like these Im glad I only defered lol.

ChevChelios I was just about to install it when the ms rep I see every month to get ms products told me this and a lot of people do not know as its something they rather keep quiet for now

but I dont care if they do get chit from it

I think its crap they didnt tell anyone before its installed :(

anyway off to fix 2x vista systems and replace them with xp (thats the clients not me)

• 1 month later...

Installed the cheap version (as mentioned above) of 7 last week and going well so far. Just as stable as the RC, it seems to be running fine and no bsods or rsods so far.

Only pushed the system with a few DX9 games so far, will try DX10 when i get my hands on some dosh to buy CODMW2.

This is on a core2e6600 (2.4g)/4gb ddr2/8800gt.

It's really fast as well. I'd reccommend, its pretty stable with mainstream hardware cause of the extensive pre-release RC testing imo.

• 3 weeks later...

Pill win7 comes with DX11 not 10

so using it for games lol you will find that 99% wont work unless you change the compatibility mode to winxp sp3 and even then u may not get them to work 100%

but hey your funeral when your so frustrated that you decide to break the game CD or reformat to use winxp

Cough backwards compatibility between directx cough cough

i haven't encountered a game that doesn't work on win7, your problems would mainly be with old openGL based stuff which was iffy on xp anyway

im not trying to defend win7 but really dennis perhaps try actually using something yourself before flaming it (and then ranting about copyright...)

wasnt me that comes in with computers to Fix

I have clients that come to me when thier computers stuff up

especially when a game they bought isnt win7 compatable even if they use the winxp sp3 compatability mode

oh and what do you think I do all day when I am NOT djing

REPAIRING STUPID IDIOTS COMPUTERS that they cant use and that includes Djs

so have a nice day

oh by the way better read what all the complaints have started with WIN7 now

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/ar ... ints-begin

Games not working on Windows 7 generally has nothing to do with DirectX. Its is simply a new operating system that is programmed differently and 95%+ of the games out there were NEVER developed to run in Windows 7. Hence why they have Windows XP compatablity mode. DirectX11 is fully backwards compatable. DirectX11 or any DirectX version for that matter is only any good if your video card supports it and if the game was made for it. Alot of the new games have the ablility to run in either DX10 or DX11 if it is supported.

look if I am installing repairing and working for other computer stores then I think I know more than you do

I think you haven't a clue in the first place

so AMD180 what Qualifications do you have or I dont think you do

oh thats right you wont give us any because you dont have them

then your ignored

have a nice day