Production Gear

Thickgirth

howdy all

am keen to have a dabble producing some hard electro / dub sort of music & currently tossing up between a maschine and novation launchpad but am keen to hear what you guys think. have a budget of around $600 ish but am flexible

was wondering what you guys would recommend

cheers

I don't think either of them are gonna do much for ya unless you have a daw with supporting plugins.

Maschine is a drum machine and launch pad is a trigger system for ableton. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but in terms of producing these styles, or any, you can't using these 2 items.

Best thing to do for your budget is grab a daw which had it's own plugin package. If you have a Mac then GarageBand is the way to go since it already cones installed

Ok grab the launch pad for ableton if you like. I think it's more of a live tool rather than for production. Someone that has one could clear this up though

Yeah more a performance tool. Can be used as a drumpad like you said though.

Will need a mini keyboard.

Can also be used a step sequencer.

something with keys, pads, and knobs would be better though.

Ok grab the launch pad for ableton if you like. I think it's more of a live tool rather than for production. Someone that has one could clear this up though

Yeah more a performance tool. Can be used as a drumpad like you said though.

Will need a mini keyboard.

Wouldn't recommend using it as a drum machine/sampler though it's unresponsive

i have a problem when using my launch pad live, it stutters sometimes when i hit once. pretty annoying. but if i used it more i think it would ware in a bit better. only time will tell. Really cool controller if your like the clip view in ableton though.