Rusko Plans to Release His Music For Free

Mitch

quoted from betherave.com - http://www.betherave.com/rusko-plans-to ... -for-free/

Rusko-Live-e1337313017622.jpeg

When the label Mad Decent released Rusko‘s Songs album as a live stream before it was set to release back in March, Rusko was infuriated. At the time, he threatened to release all his music for free to prevent any profits from going to the label.

Now it appears that Rusko is fulfilling that promise, even though his deal with Mad Decent has apparently expired. In a statement to Mixmag, Rusko mentioned that he meant it primarily as a promotional tactic but also wanted to be able to control when his music gets released. He announced that he will begin his freebie, self-promotional plan beginning with his KAPOW EP, set to be released November 4.

“I want to give the fans the music in real time. If they can help me promote it too then it’s essentially what a label does anyway but just without copyright restrictions. The fans are key in the success of KAPOW. If you like it, send it to a friend. I just want everyone to be able have my music if they want it.”