live 9 V FL studio 10

lloydc

guys I want to get some software to start doing a bit of production.

I had my heart set on FL and intended to buy it, but the release of live 9 has put that on hold now until I do some further investigation.

I'll mainly be making edits, mashups and have a crack at the odd remix when time permits.

I just wanted to get your thoughts on weather I should grab live 9 now, instead of FL?

i'm still learning toward FL because of the lower cost and free updates, but aspects like tutorials/support are important for me as well, for when I get stuck.

I started on FL back in the day and found abelton and cubase both a million times better.

But really better off using what suits you, im sure ableton, logic etc are viewed as being a higher level than FL but you still see the ocassional producer make quality shit on FL.

Download trials of them and try to see which you prefer.

Mitch: fixed post

Nice man good luck with deciding. From what Ive heard ableton is the leader for audio clip manipulation which might give it a one up for what youre trying to do but Image-Line does have an amazing tutorial base and like you mentioned, free updates for life is pretty sick. Havent updated to the new FL live yet but it looks pretty cool.

i love FL studio because i can jump on, create some 4/8 bar loops pretty easily and quickly, and then if i have a 2/3 week break from it, i feel as though i dont have to "re-learn" the DAW again. There are also bountiful youtubes for FL tutorials, and Image-Line are actually a very awesome/customer focused company in my experience. FL studio also comes with some pretty great standard synths (citrus) and as you said, free updates for life is awesome too. They also have FL Mobile and FL Mobile 2 has just been released, which is great for me at work on my lunch break when i want to fuck around, make some beats on my ipad, then sync it back to my laptop

i have tried using it to make mixes/mashups/edits, and i feel there are other DAWs that are better suited for this.

I found Ableton a very steep learning curve compared to FL studio and Logic, granted i didnt really put much effort in as it was the last of the big 3 i tried, spent about 10 minutes with it and couldnt even get the sound configured lol ended up going :fuckdat:

i think in your case, if you are choosing between FL Studio and Ableton and focusing on remix/edits/mashups etc, go with ableton, but of course download both the free trials and have a crack

i love FL studio because i can jump on, create some 4/8 bar loops pretty easily and quickly, and then if i have a 2/3 week break from it, i feel as though i dont have to "re-learn" the DAW again. There are also bountiful youtubes for FL tutorials, and Image-Line are actually a very awesome/customer focused company in my experience. FL studio also comes with some pretty great standard synths (citrus) and as you said, free updates for life is awesome too. They also have FL Mobile and FL Mobile 2 has just been released, which is great for me at work on my lunch break when i want to fuck around, make some beats on my ipad, then sync it back to my laptop

i have tried using it to make mixes/mashups/edits, and i feel there are other DAWs that are better suited for this.

I found Ableton a very steep learning curve compared to FL studio and Logic, granted i didnt really put much effort in as it was the last of the big 3 i tried, spent about 10 minutes with it and couldnt even get the sound configured lol ended up going :fuckdat:

i think in your case, if you are choosing between FL Studio and Ableton and focusing on remix/edits/mashups etc, go with ableton, but of course download both the free trials and have a crack

^^^^

im actually still sitting on fl studio 8 ! 8O

^^^^

im actually still sitting on fl studio 8 ! 8O

lol dude right on.

And I totally agree with you about Image-Line being customer friendly Gandy, another plus I forgot to mention is the support forum on their website. Ive asked questions there multiple times and always within about a half hour had a helpful response from an Image-Line rep. Im sure the other providers have something like this too though but I have just had really good experiences with their customer service.