file/song number discrepency

Statsfodder

Ok so I have a little issue that I can't seem to find the answer to and am hoping one of you have come across this before...

So my music folder has 11,028 files in it, media player says 11,005. No biggie as I have those other files accounted for in album gifs and jpegs. Rekordbox on the other hand says 10601 and virtual dj says 9998 ...

What other files should I be looking for seeing as virtual dj adds them automatically and I have drag-dropped the entire folder into rekordbox.

edit: 330 wma files brings it closer to equal :S didn't realise i still had some hiding in there. so the last 100 files will be?

My first thought: the music folder will also be counting subfolders which won't show up as media files but will show in windows explorer as files?

My 2nd thought: you have some duplicate media files which the music folder is counting but which rekord box and VDJ do not register as different songs?

I am foolish though. Probably best you wait for some other users to post.