Need advice on these two controllers plz

riiverrs

Hey, I'm looking at learning how to DJ just for a bit of fun so I'm looking for a controller, something decent at a good price. I've narrows it down to these two and I was hoping someone could advise me on which is better.

Pioneer DJ Controller DDJWEGOR ** $385 **

http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/products/4 ... /page.html

Numark USB DJ Digital Controller 66/MIXTRACKPRO ** $343 **

http://www.numark.com/product/mixtrackpro

Any advice would be appreciated thnx.

I had the mixtrack pro as my first piece of equipment.

Was good to learn on.

Personally haven't had a play with the Pioneer one but it seems to have a few more buttons and what not to be mapped out which makes it potentially better. The sampler buttons look cool and could be mapped to hot cues as well.

However when you are just starting out you won't need to be using these advanced functions when getting your core skills down.

That being said either is a fine choice for starting out. Do you have a DJ store you can go to to have a play with both?

None of the stores that sell the lower end gear have the option to test them unfortunately, just been youtubing tutorials and reviews of the two, Spoken to a few friends who DJ and they like the Numark brand but are not sure on pioneer's low end gear.

I went into a store earlier that had the two models out and the build quality of the pioneer seems a bit better, but it's good to hear the mixtrack pro is good to learn on, cheers.

I found the Wego had a better pick up from it's buttons. The mixtrack had a better platter.

Pressing a mixtrack "play" button could occasionally cause a slight delay/latency which I know was not the software or my computer. I think it was most likely the quality of the internal micro-switch in the mixtrack hardware.

Pressing "play" on the wego always instantly achieved the desired function without any latency.

The platter on the Wego has to be physically depressed for it to realise you want to scratch. I found this really annoying and it made any paddling style scratch techniques damn near impossible without relearning the technique.

The platter on the mixtrack is touch sensitive as soon as the scratch function is on making it much more preferable for any tickling.

Wego also had more buttons so more functions available.

Personaly I would still choose the mixtrack because of the platter on the wego, but it depends which functions you want to use.

So that's what I know. But the most important thing, as mitch said: DO you have a DJ store where you can play on both? How they feel to you personally is so important.

The platter will matter if you want to try scratching at all. Neither of these controllers is good for scratching but if you even want to try I would choose the mixtrack.

The mixtrack also has better build quality overall BTW. It's just an odd pick up on some buttons, but you can workaround this by concentrating. Most vinyl djs had a similar problem if they learnt on belt-drive decks before getting driect drive. They just end up as better DJs in the long run by learning how to accomodate the delay.