precursor to jungle, original oldskool rave mix

overit

Moderators: Feel free to move this if you think is on wrong board.

Fucken LOL at this mix. Believe it or not this was done as a request for my agent who books me to do weddings.

It just shows how long it is since this whole Dance culture started. The generation who grew up raving are now getting married and want these memories on their big day.

Anyway this is a short taster mix of what we called Rave in 1990/1991/1992. It wasn't big hard or clever, it wasn't deep, soulful or house. It was the precursor to jungle, hardcore, and breakbeat. I used to go mad to these tunes.

Unfortunately I didnt have time and couldn't lay my hands on so many songs that deserved to be in this mix, but that's life. Half hour of piano, breaks, bass and old skool. Put yer white gloves on, blow yer whistle.

^ cheers mitch, although I'm not sure what you mean by "bit before acid rave"?

"acid house" was summer of 1988 and so before this rave stuff. Most acid house heads thought rave was a bit cheesy and sold out, especially because rave was all about ecstasy and speed and faster beats... the original acid house parties were generally more varied musically playing electro, detroit techno, hiphop, acid trax, house, new wave and disco even!... also acid house was dominated by LSD and Ecstasy with much less amphetamine so a much more hallucinatory/trippy crowd and a very different mood.

regarding samples: two of those tunes sampled this classic which underpins about 45% of all house ever: