Hiding Jekyll – Lable Tennis (Ethan Mansfield remix)

ethanmansfield

• 2 weeks later...

anyways. ethan im no pro (or producer) so just giving my opinion from the punters point of view.

first up and overall i really liked it. dont know the OG track so not sure what you have added or mixed up. so definitely dont be disheartened. :thumright:

if i had to critique, and only because you asking what could have gone wrong, because for me it didnt affect my listening:

maybe phrases between 1.20 and 2.30 was to same same, i.e. the mixup should have come earlier. i know it is downtempo and progressive which usually means sounds last for longer. but the bits up to 1.20 seemed to be perfectly spaced. like the change up at 1.00 and then 1.20 seemed perfect. and again at 2.35 and then 3.10.

the elimination of elements in the outro was good for me (and standard i guess in these type of tracks). so again nothing wrong with it in my opinion BUT on the other hand if you wanted to spice it up as elements go away, all of a sudden add an element or drum pattern that didnt exist before as it goes out. i know tomy (slop rock) have done it; jonny b does it too.

anyways above is just imo, and again putting a monocle on to cut it up which i dont do when i listen to music.

I'd say the intro is a bit quiet, could be a bit more busy.

I can feel the 'build 'em up..' happening but it's happening too slow for me. Needs more noise, cause the '..tear 'em down' doesn't pack enough punch.

I might of made the kicks a bit tighter. This track would work as techno if it were 20 or 30bpm faster.

I think it just needs more body. The structure seems good but it doesn't 'feel' like it delivers.