Strange Volume Slider Behaviour

Brenchen

Hi guys,

As I was using my Mixtrack Pro 2 tonight on Traktor Pro 2, there was a strange behaviour of the deck B volume sliders... On the software, the position of the slider seems to be jittering at a certain spot, and when I move the physical slider, it will move as well, in random speeds (ie. when I move the physical slider up smoothly, the corresponding software one will just go up really fast suddenly, then slow down again etc.). When I leave the slider along, uncommanded jitter takes place.

It almost looked like there are some kind of interference but I've checked my cables and anything else that could be of interference, nothing seems to be wrong. When the software sliders were jittering, I can see the MIDI signal light on top of the software also gets input, that's why I suspect of an interference.

I did a search online before asking, and I've tried to reconfigure the controller, that didn't seem to help. I've also tried to restart traktor and restart the computer, none seem to be of any use.

I also have serato DJ intro, but there is no graphical volume slides, so I can't see whether it was a software or hardware issue.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Either something is on the fader that's affecting the contact, or it's possibly just a faulty unit.

When you say you've had it one month, did you get it new?

Yea I got it from StoreDJ. Just called them up and they said to get me to download the latest driver... i can't remember seeing there's any drivers for my controller before...

You don't install drivers for it, that was a shit response from them. You could try updating to the latest version of Traktor.

Check the MIDI troubleshooting linked from this page:

http://www.numark.com/support/downloads/mixtrackpro

You can download the app, and monitor what messages the mixtrack is sending. If it's sending weird controls (e.g. vol up and down, small increments) even when you're not moving the fader, you can pretty much confirm something is wrong. I'd take it back to the shop.

OK just a little update for this. I detected some problems on the TP2 slider widget, and they rigged the controller up to the store's TP2 and serato DJ, found even more problems.

Since the device was already registered, I am now waiting for them to take it back to Numark and repair it, so it'll take 2-4 weeks before I can get it back.

StoreDJ is quite good in that they lend me their demo controller so I have one to use in the meantime.