(Deep House) Daytes - MiniMix Vol.3

Daytes

Hey guys,

got a brand new minimix for you all, first time mixing deep house so go easy on me

Ive received suggestions of making these mixes longer and I will surely work on that

in the future, i just had the idea to pump out 3 very short mixes for people to

check out my amateur skills and get some feedback.

Anyway, please go and check out my deep house mix on soundcloud and share it

if you like, every little bit helps :)

https://soundcloud.com/daytes/daytes-deep-house-minimix-vol-3

Hey man, a few pointers:

Probably wouldn't play all those tracks so close together in a small mix. The energy of them all is a fair bit different, so the mix goes from deep house to what is practically electro house by the end (all in only 8 minutes for this mix).

I'd work on building a longer mix (around an hour is pretty good). Work on building the energy and creating a flow over the whole hour. Find a bunch of tunes that you like with a similar energy, and go from there.

Also kind of building on top of the last point - you don't have to mix a new track in every 2 minutes, and with deeper songs it's easier to do much more gradual and longer transitions. Listen to some other deep house mixes, and you'll hear what i mean. Then practice, practice, practice :)

:thumleft:*tunez*

Hey man, a few pointers:

Probably wouldn't play all those tracks so close together in a small mix. The energy of them all is a fair bit different, so the mix goes from deep house to what is practically electro house by the end (all in only 8 minutes for this mix).

I'd work on building a longer mix (around an hour is pretty good). Work on building the energy and creating a flow over the whole hour. Find a bunch of tunes that you like with a similar energy, and go from there.

Also kind of building on top of the last point - you don't have to mix a new track in every 2 minutes, and with deeper songs it's easier to do much more gradual and longer transitions. Listen to some other deep house mixes, and you'll hear what i mean. Then practice, practice, practice :)

:thumleft:*tunez*

Hey man thanks so so much for the feedback!

Thing is my deep house collection is really limited at the moment

and I thought i'd just go and use 5 of my favourite (out of like 20)

and see what happens. I completely understand your points on

buildup and gradual tension etc, but as you can probally see

im a bit (alot) of a rookie with mixing especially in the deep house

department. anyway thanks again so much for the positive pointers

really helps me out!

Daytes