Setup for Quick Conversion of Audio Files [Mac]

Mitch

I've been running this setup for a little while now, and thought i'd share with you as it's a good time saver :)

Much quicker than audacity etc:

Download and install XLD for Mac - http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23430/ ... ss-decoder

1 - Open it up. You won't get any UI at first, but don't be alarmed! There is a set of menus at the top of the screen.

2 - Open the preferences & customise to your liking

nLPt0mA.png?1

3 - Go to the profile menu -> save current settings as. Name it something that reflects the settings you just setup

4 - rinse and repeat for each set of preferences you'd use regularly

Now, to convert files all you need to do is select the profile and drag the file(s) you wish to convert onto the dock icon, and they will convert and output as per your preferences profile. You can also import from cd via the file menu.

Here is an example of how mine is setup:

Finder folders

upVDu9k.png

Profiles in XLD

KyVDvRq.png

I've found this to be stacks quicker than audacity, because you already have your settings setup, and you can do batch processing.

Post below if it helped / if you need help getting it going

:thumright:

There is no use going up from mp3 to wav.. The only time I have done that is when I've got a 320 mp3 sample and wanted to load it into Maschine, as it only accepts wav. Or sometimes I'll convert stuff to aiff before i drag it into logic.

It just takes more hdd space but doesn't improve the quality.

This is just something I use a fair bit importing from Cd, as well as converting to 128 for uploading stuff to ADJF Radio / online elsewhere etc.

I forgot to add I don't know if iTunes actually does a decent job, or whether there are any difference in quality. I have heard of people who refuse to use it to rip a cd.

In iTunes you have to set your preferred format and when you add anything to the library that is different there is an option when you right click on the tune to convert it.