Removing stand from 21.5" iMac

LabRat

i've been a little stumped about how i'm gonna transport my iMac to Melbourne without it getting damages. taking it as carry on is the best option but it would be easier if i can remove the stand. does anyone know if it's possible to do so? i've hunted online and found videos for the newer ones (24's and 27's) but nothing really on the 21's. one article i found is from a dude that pretty much pulled everything apart to get it out and i don't really wanna spend hours doing that.

anyone know of an easier way?

My mom has an iMac from like '08, I think? Don't think we could take the stand off on that model. When we were packing our stuff to move to Malaysia from Perth, the packing company we hired wrapped it with a butt-tonne of bubble wrap and placed it in a box on it's stand with some other stuff so that that the Mac won't move around so much.

Maybe that didn't answer your question but that's what we did and the machine still works fine.

bummer... nah don't have the box but my mate reckons he's still got his (same model). i've got all the foam from when dad got his 27" and my mate that works at the local music store had got box tonnes of bubble wrap so i'll probably seriously contemplate about putting it in a suitcase then. might even bubble wrap the shit out of the suitcase too lol