RichoKidd Needs Advice!!!!

RichoKidd

EEYYYYYYOOOOO!

So, its been a minute, again, I've been busier then a $2 hooker outside of Centerlink on pension day, but some good has come of this. I am currently in talks with my local about securing a residency their every Friday night, and bar providing a requested mix, he has seen me before and pretty much guaranteed the gig (go me!). In light of this, I have decided it might be time to upgrade my equipment, thats where you guys come in!

As some of you know, I've always ran Traktor using timecode vinyl, A Pioneer DJM250, 2x Stanton T62's, A Traktor Control X1.

Now my question for you guys is rather simple. If/When I do upgrade, what should I be looking at, should I stick with the old Turntables but upgrade the mixer to a Traktor Kontrol Z2 mixer?

or, could I get away with upgrading (somewhat downgrading) to a Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2 and leaving my current set up at home for practice mixes?

I've never used an S4 before, but I know it would take me like a day to learn. (as I know Traktor like the back of my hand).

ALSO, I am looking at picking these up from Store DJ, doing the whole 'Rent for $$$ per week". Has anyone used this service before? Is it viable? Worth it? Any fine print I should know about? It works best for me to do it that way as I can have the gear now and pay it off with the money I get for the residency.

The Z2 is about $12 a week and the S4 is about $10.

Help out your favorite disappearing act, RichoKidd.

Much love

<3

If you like the feel of vinyl and you scratch n stuff stick with the timecode vinyl. The Stanton st.80's are dope. Built tough as! The pioneer turnies are pretty decent but the price is a bit much. The z2 mixer seems to be decent with all is cue pain thingies. Depends what you wanna do but turntable wise I'd go the flagship Stanton's

if you intend on still having turnies i suggest just getting a mixer UNLESS you foresee occasions you cna make use of just a controller.

Most occasions I can use a controller. I'm well learned on TT's now, and I'll still keep my current set up at home to rock on. I just think the controller might be handy as a back-up piece of gear if, as you say, I am doing smaller shows or really dont wana cart around a shit ton of equipment, my current mixer is a good one, its seen some use and hasn't failed me yet, but if I'm doing a party, I'd much rather bring just a controller, laptop and speakers (plus some accessories) and set that up.

Same with if I get this local residency, I can do pretty much everything that I can do on a TT's/Mixer combo on the S4.

Maybe I'll get this and wait for the Z4 to come out, then get that two and be ultra NI fan boy!